Looking To Buy....Peafowl(2016)

msmolly

Songster
May 31, 2013
Gates Mills, OH
I would love to Buy a couple Spalding eggs to put under my India Blue peahen. Or possibly a couple 1 day old Spalding chicks- but that would have to be timed precisely and they would need to be close by. (I'm in North east , Ohio). So eggs would be preferred. I'm looking for the real emerald green/purple Spalding , (just like Q8peafowl). not pied or black- not sure what the name of that color mix is. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I would love to Buy a couple Spalding eggs to put under my India Blue peahen. Or possibly a couple 1 day old Spalding chicks- but that would have to be timed precisely and they would need to be close by. (I'm in North east , Ohio). So eggs would be preferred. I'm looking for the real emerald green/purple Spalding , (just like Q8peafowl). not pied or black- not sure what the name of that color mix is. Any ideas?

Spalding.

@q8peafowl has so many gorgeous colors/patterns
big_smile.png

If you are wondering how to describe a specific bird you've already seen, you probably need to find a picture and post it here, and then someone will be able to tell you what exactly it is!

@q8peafowl has so many gorgeous colors/patterns
big_smile.png

If you are wondering how to describe a specific bird you've already seen, you probably need to find a picture and post it here, and then someone will be able to tell you what exactly it is!
Yes Q8, I love your bird! No, actually, I am obsessed with your bird. I wanted to copy and paste a picture of your Avatar, but was afraid that might seem kind of creepy. Any way, thank you for explaining the color. I would love to find a source for eggs from birds of that coloring. Thanks, Molly

If you are referring to the bird in my avatar its a high percentage spalding peacock with at least 15/16 green blood.

Yes Yes Yes! This is the coloring I am looking for. Please, Please does any one know where I can find Spalding eggs like Q8's? High percentage Spalding with 15/16 Green? Pretty Please?!

Yes Yes Yes! This is the coloring I am looking for. Please, Please does any one know where I can find Spalding eggs like Q8's? High percentage Spalding with 15/16 Green? Pretty Please?!
I promise I'll be really good, I'll feed it and walk it and take really good care of it......PLEASE?!

[COLOR=333333]Yes Yes Yes!  This is the coloring I am looking for.  Please, Please does any one know where I can find Spalding eggs like Q8's?  High percentage Spalding with 15/16 Green?  Pretty Please?![/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]I promise I'll  be really good, I'll feed it and walk it and take really good care of it......PLEASE?![/COLOR]

HP spalding eggs will be as hard to find as pure greens to be honest. Just some advice when it comes to greens and spaldings, there are many breeders (I will not call them out by name here as that is not fair and not what this section is about) that will sell spalding eggs and call them HP or emerald's (by the way the emerald name is way overused for lesser % birds now) and after you hatch them, you really won't know how high the % really is until months/years before you can really tell when they are colored up. Spaldings are great peas and some can fool the experts, I would advise you to buy chicks instead of eggs and from a reputable breeder that has fine Greens such as Rocking B-A-B Ranch I have some of their imported Muticus bloodline birds here and there is no comparison to Spaldings, as the breeder stock they have are fine birds and about 5 feet tall each. Contact Josh Nelson I am sure he can set you up and he ships, they do not sell hatching eggs though. I hope this helps.

Edit: PS: Consider your climate when it comes to pure or close to pure greens. They do not tolerate the cold and start losing toes in the really cold climates so you may have to accommodate with warm shelter and heated roosts or get lower % spaldings.

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
HP spalding eggs will be as hard to find as pure greens to be honest. Just some advice when it comes to greens and spaldings, there are many breeders (I will not call them out by name here as that is not fair and not what this section is about) that will sell spalding eggs and call them HP or emerald's (by the way the emerald name is way overused for lesser % birds now) and after you hatch them, you really won't know how high the % really is until months/years before you can really tell when they are colored up. Spaldings are great peas and some can fool the experts, I would advise you to buy chicks instead of eggs and from a reputable breeder that has fine Greens such as Rocking B-A-B Ranch I have some of their imported Muticus bloodline birds here and there is no comparison to Spaldings, as the breeder stock they have are fine birds and about 5 feet tall each. Contact Josh Nelson I am sure he can set you up and he ships, they do not sell hatching eggs though. I hope this helps.

Edit: PS: Consider your climate when it comes to pure or close to pure greens. They do not tolerate the cold and start losing toes in the really cold climates so you may have to accommodate with warm shelter and heated roosts or get lower % spaldings.

Gerald Barker
Thank you Gerald. I have been actively hunting through the UPA Breeders web sites, and I keep coming back to B-A-B's- so not knowing anything about them previously, I'm gratified to have you recommend them. I understand the Spaldings (or Green crosses) are not cold tolerant, and am ready to deal with that- having had heated perches in the past, I can do that again. My Bird house is good and solid and freshly expanded. My new concern though- I have read that the greens are considerably "flightier". Is that true? My birds are real pets, around us and the dogs - and free ranging during the day,then coming in to be locked up at night. Possibly Greens/Spaldings etc...being more skittish would not be conducive for free ranging? Any thoughts or opinions would be welcome.

Back
Top Bottom