"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Here's most of them. Pam

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
That is awesome Pam! I'm really glad that this is a good hatch for you!!!

I don't know how in the world my early chick hatched THAT early. My calendar says I set them in the 21st. She does have a couple more pipped. But tomorrow is actually hatch day. That makes the 1st chick a full 2 days early. So strange. Its doing super good though. Cute!

:celebrate :celebrate   That is awesome Pam!  I'm really glad that this is a good hatch for you!!!

Thank you so much. I have 2 more piping. This is defentaly my best hatch and still going. I'm a dry hatch convert and I will turn in the other direction and move eggs around. The other thing is I raised the temp to 100.5. Thank you, Pam

I don't know how in the world my early chick hatched THAT early. My calendar says I set them in the 21st. She does have a couple more pipped. But tomorrow is actually hatch day. That makes the 1st chick a full 2 days early. So strange. Its doing super good though. Cute!

If you had it in a warm place it might have started to develop before you gave it to broody. Pam

Here's most of them. Pam
Oh boy! That's great Pam. You gotta mess o chicks coming out. I hope I get a half as good a hatch as you. :)

I tried to read all I could on what to do with shipped eggs with detached air cells. I waited 36 hrs before I turned on the turner. The "Hatching eggs 101" article say to lay them down to hatch with the air cell slightly elevated. I believe Ronott leaves them standing up in an egg carton. Not sure what I'm going to do when I get to that point.

Oh boy! That's great Pam. You gotta mess o chicks coming out. I hope I get a half as good a hatch as you. :)

I tried to read all I could on what to do with shipped eggs with detached air cells. I waited 36 hrs before I turned on the turner. The "Hatching eggs 101" article say to lay them down to hatch with the air cell slightly elevated. I believe Ronott leaves them standing up in an egg carton. Not sure what I'm going to do when I get to that point.

This is my best hatch and the first time I let them lay. The article I read is helping a egg hatch it mentioned saddle cells but I didn't read the whole thing. Pam

So, I might be able to pick up some Appenzeller Spitzhauben chicks that are 1-2 weeks old. Has anyone raised this breed before? Any thoughts?

They look very pretty and lay eggs well from what I read.

Pam - those are some good looking chicks. Glad everything worked out.

Top dog - I am excited to see your website and hope all goes well with the business venture.

If you had it in a warm place it might have started to develop before you gave it to broody. Pam

That would be my thought too. But they went to the carton that I was keeping on the kitchen table. I had the ones I was saving in there so I could remember to turn the carton. I had all of them in there together. Who knows, maybe my broody has hot spots, lol. It is her first time after all. :p

Back
Top Bottom