"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hi all Just looking in may start coming around again . Been a tough couple years lol

Hi Mike good to see you checking in -- how did you come through w/all the flooding? I'm out of chickens at the moment; devoting more time to my folks who are in their mid-80s now & I'm still working full time - husband is retired now - still have 3 guineas but that's it for now. I still like to keep in touch though & see what everybody' else is up to!

Hi Terry! One of the RIR girls and the BCM (along with my LF cochin) have gone broody!

Had a surprise guest out by the chicken yard today. Turns out he belongs to a neighbor that used to have chickens that he hung out with. He is absolutely stunning.

I remembered you saying the pullets are darker, but I didn't think either of them were as dark as yours. Their combs look the same to me. :oops: If they aren't both roos, then the one on the left is the roo.

I've been letting my hona flock out in the yard. They're doing great! My hen laid an egg two days ago so I think she's finally done being broody. She was an excellent mother, and the roo was an excellent father. He was very involved with tending the chicks. :love

There are EEs mixed in there too.

They look so good! Nice size flock you have coming along! Yes all my Neiderrhinders roos were lighter except one. So not sure if there is a fluke dark one on a regular basis's. The monk that breed Biefelders and other auto sexting breeds made these as auto sexting Breed. Green fire says they can't tell. When my chicks came It was obvious to me the males were lighter except for one. I was told a long time ago Three peas on the come is the roo. That would make the right one the roo that isn't following the lighter roos rule I saw in mine. Show me picks every week so we can see which sex they turn out be. Sorry so long for the reply I had a mini Girls trip. With all our animals That doesn't happen often.Pam

:frow

Good to see so many of our people checking in!

I guess y'all have figured out by now that when I'm over a wk without posting Busy isn't the word for the breakneck speed im running.

April first I had whittled down to only 32 birds, now we're up to 130, waitin on two more piped eggs. These four eggs I stole from under my broody hens when each of em killed a chick. Had to give em a chance, they blew it.

Good to see you back Turk! I haven't been posting much either, work has been nuts! But the good news is that I get to retire!!! I'm looking forward to the stay at home mom/housewife gig for a while.
Now for chickens... I bought a new incubator for my cousin to use in her class room hatches to make it better for the kids to see what's going on so I just had to give it a try...

Day 21 started last night at 8. So far 10 hatched and at least one more pip. Durning this 21 days we lost power 3 times so I really didn't know how it would turn out.

Last edited:
Good to see you back Turk! I haven't been posting much either, work has been nuts! But the good news is that I get to retire!!! I'm looking forward to the stay at home mom/housewife gig for a while.
Now for chickens... I bought a new incubator for my cousin to use in her class room hatches to make it better for the kids to see what's going on so I just had to give it a try...

Day 21 started last night at 8. So far 10 hatched and at least one more pip. Durning this 21 days we lost power 3 times so I really didn't know how it would turn out.

Glad to see you Turk . I told you you would have chicks in the morning Lakones. :jumpy glad someone finally posted too. What breeds do you have so far hatching.

Back
Top Bottom