Making the most of it.

Sitting at the window.... Watching the rain come down in a nice and slow pace for the past hour... I sure do miss green grass. But I can see past these shallow rain clouds shines a clear blue and sunny sky so I don't think it will last long. This is a great day to test my coop and set up for leaks and rainy problem areas... After all Washington isn't known for their sunshine. Got lots to do today. Coffee with a friend, getting our marriage listence and having visitors this afternoon. I think I will measure my wood and cut some pieces for a practice planters box and go from there. Chickens don't seem to mind the rain much. Huh, that's good.

Outpost, they tasted really good too.
Fresh eggs. It's been so long since I've had to buy eggs, not sure what they taste like, but I can tell you I don't miss them! We got 16 eggs today.
love.gif

Got our marriage liscense yesterday and that made it all the more real... It was pretty awesome, both Devin and I left the court house so giddy with huge permanent grins you would have thought we had actually gotten married. To celebrate we had family over to visit and meet our hens for the first time.. Converting people everyday to love chickens. I know they were probably extremely over fed in treats with all the little ones around who just couldn't help themselves. Super cute but today they only get feed. Lol still waiting for all the other girls to start laying... They are 22 weeks old. Alice has a bright beautiful comb and waddle and still hasn't laid and will not submit at all. They handled the masses well yesterday and hung out with us and slept at our feet all day and occasionally jumped on laps to either beg for food or get a pet. These chickens have saved my sanity and will forever be loved... Much more so if they start laying though!!!!!!

Got our marriage liscense yesterday and that made it all the more real... It was pretty awesome, both Devin and I left the court house so giddy with huge permanent grins you would have thought we had actually gotten married. To celebrate we had family over to visit and meet our hens for the first time.. Converting people everyday to love chickens. I know they were probably extremely over fed in treats with all the little ones around who just couldn't help themselves. Super cute but today they only get feed. Lol still waiting for all the other girls to start laying... They are 22 weeks old. Alice has a bright beautiful comb and waddle and still hasn't laid and will not submit at all. They handled the masses well yesterday and hung out with us and slept at our feet all day and occasionally jumped on laps to either beg for food or get a pet. These chickens have saved my sanity and will forever be loved... Much more so if they start laying though!!!!!!

Congratulations on the license!! When's the wedding?

Back
Top Bottom