Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Pics
Here are some pictures. Pond is dirty...gets that way so fast with the heat we've had! And I do have grass, but again because of the heat it is having a hard time staying green right now. All my birds are molting terrible now. They'll be pretty again in no time:)

Last edited:
Here are some pictures. Pond is dirty...gets that way so fast with the heat we've had! And I do have grass, but again because of the heat it is having a hard time staying green right now. All my birds are molting terrible now. They'll be pretty again in no time:)
And the black tank I have in there is a horse tank that got a hole, so it provides wind protection and shade....the ducks really like it :)

And the black tank I have in there is a horse tank that got a hole, so it provides wind protection and shade....the ducks really like it :)

That's a pretty cool pen!!! I want to build something similar but I might need to wait to suggest that until my chicken coop and rabbit hutch are both finished! Lol DH loves the look of the mandarins but wasn't sure about the pen building part of it. I'm clueless pretty much when it comes to building anything but I've been trying really hard to learn.

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but you all seem to know alot
1f600.png
. But can you breed a brother and sister? Or should I get from two different breeders? I havent got any yet, but looking at starting soon. Thanks
1f600.png

This is the mandarin duck thread, so your question about them fits. You should not breed siblings together with mandarins, or any bird if possible. Lots of breeders will have enough birds to sell unrelated pairs, but if you would like to get from two breeders, make sure you ask about their lineage since you wouldn't want birds from the same person if that makes sense.

Your Mandarin ducklings are both females. The male, even at that stage has a bright red or, orange tinged bill.
Good luck!! They are beautiful pets, even the graceful females.
G

I'm sure this is a young drake because of the coloring coming in on his chest. Hanging out at the pool. They are so comical and neat to watch!

Hello everyone. Your ducks look amazing! I was looking to see if anyone keeps the sail feathers from their drakes? I tie classic salmon flies and have not been able to find any matching Mandarin sail feathers anywhere. If you have some and are willing to part with them please shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Zach

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom