Mapuche Huastec Thread

I don't have any for sale, but I have a few pictures, if you would like.

Fun thread. Anybody else got more pictures?

Jocelyn

Bring forward to be able to find.

To bring forward.
Couldn't find in my posted thread so did search and posted something to bring it to the front.

Last edited:
Helping to bring this thread back to life.

Here is my all black Huastec roo. True blood black skin, black meat, and black bones.

Great looking bird. Do you know if the Huastecs are related to the Svart Hona, aka the Swedish Black Hen? They are also a black boned bird.

I was also wondering if anyone out there has a source for hatching eggs for the Huastecs, black Quechua Olmecs, or Colloncas?

Are there any reputable Huastec breeders out there and what are the common SOP's that breeders are breeding towards in this bird?

Great looking bird. Do you know if the Huastecs are related to the Svart Hona, aka the Swedish Black Hen? They are also a black boned bird.

I was also wondering if anyone out there has a source for hatching eggs for the Huastecs, black Quechua Olmecs, or Colloncas?

Are there any reputable Huastec breeders out there and what are the common SOP's that breeders are breeding towards in this bird?
There is a lot of information on BYC about them from the threads started by Resolution.

Beautiful birds! What are the qualities and characteristics of this landrace fowl? Did they originate from low-lying jungle areas or high-altitude mountainous areas? I assume they're very good at foraging their own grub? How are they as broodies and mamas? Are they good meat birds? Do the roosters ever show any human aggression? Does anyone raise them in an extremely cold environment; if so, how do they do in the winter? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom