March 2017! Hatch with us!

Exactly! My back is killing me! Ignore that my fence is falling down! That's getting fixed tomorrow!

Before:

I'm also getting bees early April, here's one of the boxes I painted:

Wow! Color me jealous!!
love.gif

@WVDuckchick, the orange is the electrolytes. I only now this bcs I still have it in the original packet and that says electrolyte mix (AgriLabs: Vitamin and Electrolyte "Plus" mix). I also know I don't have any probiotics in the house, and I should get some next time I'm at the feed store. I intentionally drove right past it yesterday. It's a good thing the feed store is on the opposite side of theroad the way I was going and due to a series of goofy splits in the road and No U turns, I would have had to make a big circle through the parking lot of a funeral home. All in all the potential inconvenience saved me a wad of money (they got in chicks) and yet more critters to feed.

Thanks! I fixed the original post and noted the white is probiotics, orange is electrolyte/vitamin. I think I'll be able to remember now, thinking of how good a vitamin source oranges are.
tongue.png
I used to put both in the water for the first week. Now I mainly just use nutridrench for any chick that needs an extra boost.

I think I'm going to have to admit I'm addicted! I'm getting two dozen eggs from ChickADeeHatch for the 21st of this month it will be hatch number 3 I think I'll be back to where I was in January bu about august! With neibours looking at me kinda odd when I they look at all the different colored eggs they get. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas now! Im ADDICTED someone after this hatch please hide my incubator from me oh wait I'm making plans to build one that won't help!! Oh NOOOO!

I think I'm going to have to admit I'm addicted! I'm getting two dozen eggs from ChickADeeHatch for the 21st of this month it will be hatch number 3 I think I'll be back to where I was in January bu about august! With neibours looking at me kinda odd when I they look at all the different colored eggs they get. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas now! Im ADDICTED someone after this hatch please hide my incubator from me oh wait I'm making plans to build one that won't help!! Oh NOOOO!

:lau You are cracking me up! I only hope thatwhen my DH retires he finds something as productive and beneficial to do with his time!

Also I greened the rooftop of my chicken run, I really like it:

Great idea! I love this! I created a border of raised beds around my coop. I try to grow rotating crops they can eat through the wire, like crimson clover or alfalfa, although no surprise, it takes them no time to demolish the whole bed.
lol.png

This is such great hatching thread. I'm having a hard time keeping up! I woke up this morning to the sound of faint chirping. 2 hours later, I have a pip! Pretty exciting. Tomorrow is hatch day, although I set my eggs in the morning, so I may get some chicks today!
I'm trying to get my brooder set up before the snow sets in tomorrow. (Yes, I know I'm running behind
hide.gif
) I converted an old dresser into a brooder a couple of years ago, and I keep it in the laundry room. We have a big window, so I can sit with the new chicks and watch the snow fall.

They are golden comets I didn't know that the roosters were different color than the hen until I saw the pic. The Roo is my Roo and the hen that layed the golden brown egg with spots I was told and know now that she is a golden comet hen too! I'm extatic! Extra large eggs and a good hen that's laying!!

Great idea! I love this! I created a border of raised beds around my coop. I try to grow rotating crops they can eat through the wire, like crimson clover or alfalfa, although no surprise, it takes them no time to demolish the whole bed. :lol: This is such great hatching thread. I'm having a hard time keeping up! I woke up this morning to the sound of faint chirping. 2 hours later, I have a pip! Pretty exciting. Tomorrow is hatch day, although I set my eggs in the morning, so I may get some chicks today! I'm trying to get my brooder set up before the snow sets in tomorrow. (Yes, I know I'm running behind :oops: ) I converted an old dresser into a brooder a couple of years ago, and I keep it in the laundry room. We have a big window, so I can sit with the new chicks and watch the snow fall.
Love that idea! I've got one that I'd like to do that with, but I don't think hubby will approve. :D And don't worry about keeping up. I don't keep up very well either, but I still have to read every post.
They are golden comets I didn't know that the roosters were different color than the hen until I saw the pic. The Roo is my Roo and the hen that layed the golden brown egg with spots I was told and know now that she is a golden comet hen too! I'm extatic! Extra large eggs and a good hen that's laying!!
I have comets! They lay wonderfully and awesome eggs! Not known for going broody, but one of mine did last summer. Predators have wiped out all except 2 of mine, but I might get more, just for the eggs. Oh, and I assumed you were female. Glad I saw your wife comment :oops:

Back
Top Bottom