Marking as read even when not read

If you milk twice a day they should be 12 hours apart, ideally. Of course, it would take less time to milk one cow that it does the 34 we have! Less chores time too! All those little, medium, and big mouths to feed take time.
big_smile.png

So, sometimes programs can be funky like that. If I log in at 8pm, log out at 8:10, and log in again at 8:25, it will only show new posts that happened after 8:10 when I logged out or closed the browser. That is because the program will register your last visit as between 8 and 8:10, with "new posts since last visit" being those that occurred between 8:10 and 8:15 when you re logged in.

I think the auto "time out" of being logged in is 15 min.

If you didn't close the browser or log out or were gone for less than 15, I am not sure what happened?

I was gone almost 3 hours! And it had been overnight before that! It usally doen't automatically mark posts as read when I haven't read them or used the "mark as read" button.
roll.png

More info here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11055

"If
you logoff or if you remain inactive for over 60 minutes all the posts that were new BEFORE you logged off or BEFORE you went idle will automatically be marked as read. Fortunately any new posts that people make AFTER you logged off or AFTER you went idle will be marked as new."

Also, there are two forum settings:

Visit timeout: Number of seconds a user must be idle before his/hers last visit data is updated (primarily affects new message indicators). (60 minutes)

Online timeout: Number of seconds a user must be idle before being removed from the online users list. (15 minutes)

Back
Top Bottom