Marsh Daisy

Selling the chicks for $ 30 will be hard, Greenfire is able to because of reputation, I think it will take a lot of work before others will respect the breed. I said before in another post I found them hard to hatch that may be their downfall. My goal right now is to hatch as many as I can and start line breeding.

One of the yellow chicks has started developing reddish orange feathering around his shoulders, I suspect its a cockerel. The chick in the pic to the farthest left corner of the box with only a slight black line on his head. Otherwise his head was solid yellow. The other four are feathering out with solid penciling.

Eventually Ill sort them as they hatch into hatching colors just to see if their hatch color and patterns might might help determine the colors they will be as adults.
That was $30 for all three, not one chick. I was asking $10 for a chick, but most folks here don't really care what the breed is. They just want cheap chickens.

Anyone offering Marsh Daisy hatching eggs by chance?
yes me! How much you wanna spend? I have nice styrofoam box I can put them in. I'd say a three day supply would be about all that is safe seeing as I just have the two hens. The postage is the biggest cost since I have everything else.

I need an address. Are you ready for them now? I'm selling my chickens but no one wants to pay a fair price for them. I refuse to give them away.

Sold the newest chick today to someone who knows what GF charges. I don't expect to get their price though, but I did pay $10 per chick.

Unfortunately not ready for them currently. I just filled my incubator this morning...

How old are the chickens you're trying to sell? Marek's vaccinated? NPIP certified (I live in VA - pretty strict regulations on importing across state lines)..

Do you have photos of your Marsh Daisy chickens?

Unfortunately not ready for them currently. I just filled my incubator this morning...

How old are the chickens you're trying to sell? Marek's vaccinated? NPIP certified (I live in VA - pretty strict regulations on importing across state lines)..

Do you have photos of your Marsh Daisy chickens?
Nope and nope. Well I can't say about the Mareks as I'm not the original owner.

Still casually interested in the breed, but think I'll hold off for a while to let the line get worked out a bit. Nothing against chickens who don't meet standards, barnyard mixes, or mutts (I have a bunch) - but hoping to eventually invest in a line that has begun to stabilize a bit (and not even Greenfire's MD are coming out to standards yet from what I see). Maybe down the line...

Last edited:
Still casually interested in the breed, but think I'll hold off for a while to let the line get worked out a bit. Nothing against chickens who don't meet standards, barnyard mixes, or mutts (I have a bunch) - but hoping to eventually invest in a line that has begun to stabilize a bit (and not even Greenfire's MD are coming out to standards yet from what I see). Maybe down the line...

The are many demoestic breeds hwere that are in need of preservation. Even then it's unikely you're goig to get a line that produces 100% chicks to standard.

I did get a buyer for the daisies.

Is this a MD??
I got her when she was about 4 weeks old so don't have any baby pics..but she is hands down the sweetest girl (and I have Silkies and Seramas..lol)...
If she is..anyone know where I can get some eggs????

Eta...oops, forgot to add the pic..lol

The red one.. (black is supposed to be black olmec, but wondering if it may be a black MD if there's such a thing)

Last edited:
Doesn't appear to be a Marsh Daisy. They have pretty distinct feather coloring and the legs are suppose to be willow green (but with current stock available, that's not always the case).

Back
Top Bottom