MARYLAND THREAD!

I'm with that farm chick on the hardware cloth.  We have hardware cloth on all sides and underneath.  I do not know where you can get laying hens around here.  I am in Severna Park.  Try the AA co-op in Glen Burnie.  Someone there may have a lead.  Also try the Gambrills General Store.  They are super nice there.  Mine are laying, but we are quite attached to them.  The SP Homestead is getting chicks for the first time this spring.  Otherwise, we ordered ours from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio.  Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. LEt me know if you ever want to get together to talk chicken. :cd

Thanks! We have gotten chicks in the past from southern states in upper Marlboro and Glen Burnie. I saw homestead gardens will have some in the spring. I will probably check out those places in the next few months. I didn't want to start out with chicks again, but they are much easier to transport lol. Would love to talk chicken sometime!

I'm in anne arundel and may be moving to tennessee in a couple months. If your still looking then you could have my hens and roo. I would hate to not have them but if I move somewhere I can't keep them idk what else to do with them ):

Thanks, let me know, I may still be in the market. I'm not sure about the roo though. We had one but we have lots of neighbors and I work evening and night shifts so it wasn't a great match. Had to give him to a friend with a farm :(

Hi there! I am on the Eastern Shore and am wondering if any other chicken keepers want to go in with me on a large Countryside Organics Feed order to save on shipping. Buying individual 50lb bags cost about $16 to ship, but if we can order 20 or more bags, it drops to about $5 per 50 lb. bag for shipping. Works out to be something like this:

$27.50 per 50 lb bag + $5.39 shipping

If we order more than that, the shipping drops.

I go through 50lbs every two weeks.

Check it out here:
http://feed.countrysideorganics.com/poultry-feeds

Thanks,
Mary

Hi there!  I am on the Eastern Shore and am wondering if any other chicken keepers want to go in with me on a large Countryside Organics Feed order to save on shipping.  Buying individual 50lb bags cost about $16 to ship, but if we can order 20 or more bags, it drops to about $5 per 50 lb. bag for shipping.  Works out to be something like this:

Check it out here:
http://feed.countrysideorganics.com/poultry-fe

Thanks,
Mary

I am placing an order soon with them, but I am not sure if it saves on shipping with buying more. Let me know if you are sure and are close to Snow Hill, MD.

Hi there!  I am on the Eastern Shore and am wondering if any other chicken keepers want to go in with me on a large Countryside Organics Feed order to save on shipping.  Buying individual 50lb bags cost about $16 to ship, but if we can order 20 or more bags, it drops to about $5 per 50 lb. bag for shipping.  Works out to be something like this:

Check it out here:
http://feed.countrysideorganics.com/poultry-feeds

Thanks,
Mary
I have a large parking lot before getting to my house. If you are close to me I can start asking friends around here (Berlin, Pocomoke, Salisbury, Hebron, Delmar).

If those prices are true I may have to get a drop site somewhere around here.

According to their website, that's what it says. Not sure if the quote may be higher where you are due to zoning, but shipping to 21658 on their website offers less than a load shipping. We can always call them to confirm. I suppose a half way point could work. I am about 10 minutes east of the Bay Bridge.

According to their website, that's what it says.  Not sure if the quote may be higher where you are due to zoning, but shipping to 21658 on their website offers less than a load shipping.  We can always call them to confirm.  I suppose a half way point could work.  I am about 10 minutes east of the Bay Bridge.
That would be Easton? 40min from me.

Back
Top Bottom