MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
I clocked it last night as I drove from Landover (just past where 50 comes into 495 on the MD side of DC) to our home in Mt. Airy, which is in the Frederick county part of that town, just south of 70. I take 495, 95 north, 32 north, 70 west, then drive through town and turn south on our road. I go through Columbia while on 32. From 29 off 32, which is what I take when I want to go to Columbia (which isn't often, as I think the town is kind of laid out wrong and difficult to drive around) it took me 40 minutes. I did not clock distance though. I was passing through at 8pm, and traffic is much better at that time of night. An alternative for me would be to go up 270 from 495 then get off at Father Hurley or 80 and come up to our area, but I hate the traffic on 270, and I really hate the speed cameras in Montgomery county. I don't get caught, but they annoy me with their very presence.

Sykesville is just up 32 and is a very easy drive to Columbia. The issue with 32 is it is a two lane road that is heavily traveled. When we leave for swim team at 4pm, it's a parking lot on the northbound side with everyone coming from the Columbia area towards 70 and the northern cities. We know people who say it takes them 2 hours to get home if they leave at 5pm, and they just work in Columbia/Ft. Meade area.

MD is a small state and you can drive across it in just a few hours -- I used to travel to Garrett county and back home for work purposes in the same day, as well as travel the rest of the state 3 weeks out of every 4 -- but you spend several days of your life every year sitting on the road somewhere. I used to think XM radio was silly until I got it...keeps us happier while sitting behind accidents, heavy traffic and roadwork.

There is a nice place for sale down the road from us, 5 acres, fenced, no barns I can see, big house that looks nice, $600k tag.

Wasn't trying to be mean, just trying to make sure people know what they are buying. If they just want pets, they will be fine. :)

^-^ it's okiday, I'm not really into breeding/showing so I usually don't think along those lines automatically lol but it makes sense if someone's looking for high quality for them to do their research.

On another note, it doesn't look like chick night at whiteford mill will get cancelled so far ^-^ Anyone going to the chick night at The Mill of Bel Air on the 20th? It's in Harford County ^^ not sure if anyone on here is close! :rolleyes:

Thanks! I did see that post but they're not the quality I was looking for. Very nice of you though! I found out that I have some bidding competition on some eggs on eBay
sad.png
I really hope I win the auction!

Absolutely right about 32 from the Columbia area West/North. It really clogs up at rush hour. Fortunately there are plans to widen 32 and to replace stoplights with cloverleafs. I have seen nice (not huge, not brand new) houses with 1/5-2 acres about 10-30 minutes drive from Columbia right off of 32.

Back
Top Bottom