MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi all, just asking what breeds are you guys raising?

Alsteirer
Arkansas Blue
Ayam Cemani
Bielefelder
Barnevelder
Bresse
Cream Legbar
English Orpgintons Bantam: Chocolate Cuckoo, Chocolate, Cuckoo
English Orpingtons LF: Blue/Black/Splash, True Black, Buff, Cuckoo, Lavender Cuckoo, Lavender, Chocolate, Silver Laced, Jubilee, Red, and White
Hedemora
Isbars
Marsh Daisy
Sulmtalers
Swedish Black Hens (Svart Hona)

You might as well put Cream Legbars on your list. Eventually your brother will convince you to have them. :)
Yep, @GaryDean26 probably wouldn't mind I got in to the Cream Legbar game... it would give him a nice satellite flock, with the added bonus that he wouldn't have to pay for feed or eat up valuable space.

Eastern Region Cream Legbar Event - August 4, 2014
August 4th Eastern Region Event—Hosted by Anthony Markley - Regional Director
This will be a live presentation of Cream Legbars that demonstrates the effects and the influences of the ‘Ig’ and ‘ig’ genes upon the physical appearance of the Cream Legbar.
Also shown in this demonstration will be a pair of white “Cream Legbars” which display the effects of recessive white genes.
12 North Light Street,
Lovettsville, VA 20180
Library Phone numbers: 540-822-5824 Voice 540-822-5998 Fax To contact Anthony Markley directly: [email protected] Phone: 540-822-9043
Date and Time:
Monday, August 4th at 7:30 PM
Directions: http://library.loudoun.gov/Portals/0/pdf/branchdirections.pdf
Note: All attendees are requested to wear clean clothes to avoid transmission of diseases from one chicken flock to another. Attendees will be allowed to look but NOT to touch the chickens shown in this presentation.

Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas
Welsummers
Barred Rocks
Easter Eggers
Olive Eggers

Did you cross a Welsummer rooster with a Wheaten Ameracauna hen to get your Olive Eggers? If so what did the chicks look like? I am curious because I may do this next spring. I read that the eggs of the hens from this cross will be the color of Spanish olives but can't find any information about what the birds will look like or their temperament.

Did you cross a Welsummer rooster with a Wheaten Ameracauna hen to get your Olive Eggers? If so what did the chicks look like? I am curious because I may do this next spring. I read that the eggs of the hens from this cross will be the color of Spanish olives but can't find any information about what the birds will look like or their temperment.
I cross a Blue Wheaten Am roo with a Welsummer hen. This is my first summer of doing it so I don't know what they will ultimately look like or what color the eggs would be. But hop on over to the Olive Egger thread and check out post 7383 which has pics of the two chicks I've kept. They are only a month old. I sold a few others that I've hatched and I have 4 more eggs in the 'bator that are due to hatch on Aug. 15th.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/131131/the-olive-egger-thread/7380

Back
Top Bottom