MARYLAND THREAD!

@Anna Lee , I crossed a Bielefelder with a Cream Legbar to create my Olive Eggers. They look just like the Bielefelders only they lay an olive egg. And they are autosexing.

Last edited:
I'm trying to cross an EE too with a coockoo(spelling) maran hen to see if I get an olive egger. A also have BO, White rocks, BR, BA. What type of cross would I get with those?

I'm trying to cross an EE too with a coockoo(spelling) maran hen to see if I get an olive egger. A also have BO, White rocks, BR, BA. What type of cross would I get with those?
With an EE roo, it's hard to tell what color the offspring's egg will be since you don't know if he has 2 copies of the blue egg gene, 1 copy, or perhaps no copies of it. It is possible you might get some olive layers by crossing with your cuckoo marans hen. Crossing him with a light brown layer might give you light green layers (EEs). But chances are he only has at most one copy of the blue egg gene so many of the offspring who didn't get that gene would lay brown eggs.

There are threads on BYC for EEs and OEs where you can learn more about crossing breeds to make designer eggs layers.

Hi everyone!

I am in the Maryland area. I know this may be a weird question but I thought I would ask. I know someone in another state who was able to purchase some laying chickens but they are kept at a farm that raises chickens. She provides the feed, and I am not sure about any fees. I was wondering if there any places that do that here? Where I am at now, I don't have the ability to raise the chickens myself. I thought it would be a fun thing for my daughter to be involved in as well. I guess it's kind of like house boarding but for chickens. It would only be for 2 or 3 chickens or so. If you could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom