MARYLAND THREAD!

Had a blast at the swap ^^ got a pair of silver laced cochins that are just lovely, two free orpington roosters that will fatten up and be quite tasty, a little lionhead doe, and my companion bought a pair of juvie peafowl and a pair of reeves pheasants! They're gorgeous too xD Can't wait for spring swap.
I'm located on the mason dixon line (pa side) closest to harford county (whiteford, norrisville, jarretsville, bel air etc).
Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Thought I posted here but guess I didn't. I have a gorgeous 4.5 month old male olive egger from a well known farm that needs a new home (and not the stew pot!). He is calm, alert, not noisy and has been held since he was little. We wondered if he was a she being a copper maran cross but he distinctly, quietly crowed 2 this week. I am willing to drive to meet up.

Will try to get another photo from the front to post.

Last edited:
I'm in search of a Lavender Orpington hen or two... if anyone has any I am interested. Or, if you have some eggs I can borrow a bator and hatch. I am just hoping to increase my flock for spring and now's the time if I want them to lay early spring.

I'm in search of a Lavender Orpington hen or two... if anyone has any I am interested.  Or, if you have some eggs I can borrow a bator and hatch.  I am just hoping to increase my flock for spring and now's the time if I want them to lay early spring.

Have you talked to DCChicken? He maybe able to help.

Come spring I will be looking for hatching eggs. I want to do an Easter hatch. Problem is I have a hard time finding them in the Annapolis area and when I do the prices are usually pretty high even for mixed breeds. Is there anyone here that would have fertile eggs that I can purchase in time for an Easter hatch that isn't too far from Annapolis? They can be mixed or pure but really not trying to pay a lot. I can't keep the chicks due to city regulations(I know we are allowed two) and hubby said no(we have dogs and cats aplenty) so I usually either find them homes or I can even give back what hatches if you like. Just really enjoy doing this with my daughter even when a hard decision has to be made. Anyone?
I'm in Ocean City, but should have hatching eggs then. I could either send them with my husband one day when he's headed to DC, or we could meet somewhere between here and there. Contact me early next year and I'll let you know if my girls are laying.

Last I checked he wasn't doing LO's, but it is possible that has changed.
Somewhere during the year, I added English Orps both LF and bantam. LF I have BBS, Cuckoo, Jubilee, Frizzled, Partridge, Silver Laced, White, Red, Buff, Red Cuckoo, Lavender Cuckoo, Lavender, Mottled/Spangled, and Crele. Bantam I have chocolate, cuckoo, and chocolate cuckoo.

The LF got really large fast. I just processed a couple of the LF and at 4 months, they were 4-5 pounds dressed.

But the bantam are quickly becoming some of my favorites.
The chocolate cuckoo are just fun.

Back
Top Bottom