MARYLAND THREAD!

I have some juvenile Jubilee Orpingtons available right now. They are 2.5 months. Trios are $100 plus actual shipping costs, or individual birds for $40. Of course I'm willing to meet you somewhere within reason as well. PM me if interested. They should be ready to lay starting this spring.

(Photos would be here, but it won't let me embedd any right now)

I was growing some out to evaluate for breeding in the spring, but life had other plans and I need to clear the grow out pen.

Last edited:
I second this especially cream legbar hens already have a rooster a hen would be fantastic

Last edited:
Newbie here, been reading and planning for a few months. Just moved in in St Mary's. We'll spend the fall and winter getting everything set up and hopefully get a few chicks and ducklings in the spring. I was wondering if anyone had multi-flocks and any challenges. I love ducks and planned on just getting some of those, but I've developed a rather violent reaction to duck eggs (boyfriend loves them and has no problem) so I'm thinking of some chickens as well so I can enjoy the fresh eggs.

I'm from Southern Maryland. Good ol Chuck County.

I'm new to the site but also to the whole world of chicken fun. I actually haven't ever had the pleasure of owning one and can't wait for Spring to get started. While I wait I'm going to educate myself on the little guys as much as I can. So any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and welcome.

Newbie here, been reading and planning for a few months. Just moved in in St Mary's. We'll spend the fall and winter getting everything set up and hopefully get a few chicks and ducklings in the spring. I was wondering if anyone had multi-flocks and any challenges. I love ducks and planned on just getting some of those, but I've developed a rather violent reaction to duck eggs (boyfriend loves them and has no problem) so I'm thinking of some chickens as well so I can enjoy the fresh eggs.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you join us. I had both Ducks and chickens till mid this year and got rid of the ducks and now just have chickens only. My ducks were pretty easy maintenance as they free ranged all day so ate very little store food, but they are messy and would poop on my deck which DH could not stand, I could not fence them in as I preferred they enjoy a big pond in the property It was a challenge also when we traveled as the ducks had to be locked in at night while the chickens just went in by themselves and had automatic door, a fenced run, automatic feeder and waterer so all I had to get was someone to collect eggs every now and then.

Good Luck... Over all it's fun
I'm from Southern Maryland. Good ol Chuck County.

I'm new to the site but also to the whole world of chicken fun. I actually haven't ever had the pleasure of owning one and can't wait for Spring to get started. While I wait I'm going to educate myself on the little guys as much as I can. So any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and welcome.
welcome-byc.gif
there is a lot to learn here in the learning section and also from various forums with all kinds of topics.. Do you know what breeds you want to get?

I have both ducks and chickens and it seems that the ducks are a bit more on the mean side to my hens but that may be just them and it's nothing serious just a couple pecks here and there. And if you're interested I will have both ducklings and chicks in the spring time that will be available

I'll be having ducklings and chicks in the spring and I know it's really early but would anyone be interested?

Back
Top Bottom