MARYLAND THREAD!

On another note, is anyone going to the Maryland Poultry Swap next Saturday in Sharpsburg? It'll be a long drive for me, but I'm thinking about it. Critters and plants all in one place?! My kind of shopping!
I have to miss it this time...hubby is out of town and I gotta attend to all the animals in the morning. The drive is long but worth it. Get there early if you are looking for something specific. However, getting there later also has it benefits as far as pricing goes. Make sure to bring a cooler (awesome foods to buy) and animal carriers. Last year my car was very full.....3 people, a baby goat (who sat between my two boys) a rabbit riding shot gun, keets and supplies for all. LOL. (Went there only to look around and get my youngest his birthday present from his aunt.)

Garden Nut, Not sure where you are but you could try Dawson Gap Farm, in Hilldboro,VA.- dawsongap.com- in NoVA. They just opened a store and are online and they are going to the swap.

You are welcome! They had/have Auracana pullets at $3.30 over the weekend. The feed(s) is organic. It was about $22 for a 50# badge over the weekend for their grand opp penning of the store. If you are going to the swap, they will be there. You could likely order, pay & pickup at the swap. :)

Hello nyght the easiest way to get chicks in my opinion is through craigslist. But you have to ask plenty of questions and see where you're getting them from to make sure that it looks like a good place. Another option is look for local breeders or buying them online through a hatchery and they have plenty of varieties to choose from

The poultry swap is amazing I went last year and wasn't let down. Sadly thus year I'm going out of state for this weekend needless to say I didn't plan my trip well lol

I'll be there! We will have a some day old--even hours old!- chicks for sale! You can look for Aquabarrel truck and we should be nearby- Stephanie and Holly. I might not be there by 8 as my chicks are still hatching out at 3 am!

I'll be there! We will have a some day old--even hours old!- chicks for sale! You can look for Aquabarrel truck and we should be nearby- Stephanie and Holly. I might not be there by 8 as my chicks are still hatching out at 3 am!

Lol! I didn't see your post until I got home! I probably walked by your several times! Sorry I missed the opportunity to say hello!

Lol! I didn't see your post until I got home! I probably walked by your several times! Sorry I missed the opportunity to say hello!
That's funny because I asked someone if they were on BYC trying to see if I could meet you!! I got there late and sold my chicks within minutes! I had one hatch out at 10 am.
barnie.gif
So I couldn't open it until after it did. Sadly that meant the other 3 eggs likely won't hatch in the Brinsea bcs of losing all the humidity.
he.gif
But it was a good sale. I was able to walk around at about 1 to see what was left. Hope you enjoyed it!

Back
Top Bottom