MARYLAND THREAD!

Yeah, we're apparently all on the Western side of Maryland... I have a White Leghorn and Light Brahma roo (chicks four weeks old) I'm willing to let go for free if anyone is interested?

I also have 20 BY crosses (easter eggers & and french black copper maran crosses) that are a week old if anyone is interested? Straight run and PM me for more info.

Bump... Added pictures of a few of the 20 chicks one week old (black chicks are FBCM mixes, Yellow are Brahma crosses, and others are easter eggers)

Last edited:
Hello! I finally took the plunge after lurking her for 4 years? I got 4 cute khaki Cambell ducklings! I never knew they grew so fast! I wish I could take some of those chicks off your hands but I'm just outside of southern md and I only have .25 acre so I can't risk a rooster, unless you have some pullets you want to sell :( my neighbors seem to hate animals even cats. Does anyone know where I can get a rabbit hutch/chicken coop or extra large dog house?

Hello! I finally took the plunge after lurking her for 4 years? I got 4 cute khaki Cambell ducklings! I never knew they grew so fast! I wish I could take some of those chicks off your hands but I'm just outside of southern md and I only have .25 acre so I can't risk a rooster, unless you have some pullets you want to sell :( my neighbors seem to hate animals even cats. Does anyone know where I can get a rabbit hutch/chicken coop or extra large dog house?
Try Craigslist or other seller-buyer-community sites. Many of your farm or hardware stores have or can direct you to them also.

Hello all, new to all this crazy chicken stuff. Think I'm addicted, lol.
I'm on MD Eastern Shore. Denton to be exact. I only have 4 barrred rocks right how but looking to expand. Interested in getting a couple Delaware's, speckled Sussex.

Susie
1f40e.png
1f413.png
1f414.png
1f429.png
1f408.png
1f420.png
1f46a.png

Does anyone know of any breeders or anyone really selling guinea hens? I'd like to start free ranging my chickens and I have a lot of Silkies and I'd like them to be good watchdogs.

Not sure where you are located bit there is a breeder on the eastern shore and one in Damascus. I can get you the name later today or just google search.

If you get adults you will need to lock them in the coop or whereever for abot 4 to 6 weeks so they know where home is. Adults have a tendency when rehomed to not stick around if you dont do this. Even if you do they still may try to go home.

I hatched and sold guineas last year -- too much aggravation compared to chickens to do it again. But I always warned the buyers to be sure they could tolerate their racket and general stupidity. If you have never had guineas before, please look up some videos on youtube and play them -- at a high volume, to see if it's something you (and your neighbors) can tolerate. Unless your farm is huge, they will be visiting your neighbors and as long as they appreciate the "tick patrol" and can deal with the noise, all is well. They are also supremely stupid about vehicles. They don't see something rolling on tires as a danger like something with legs. We have to move very slow to avoid squashing them since they love to stand in the middle of the road or parking area.

All that said, we would never be without them on the farm. There are at least 30 roaming around at all times and it seems to completely stymie the hawks, they seldom even bother to fly over except to hunt in the next field. And the tick control, they are the best ever, and completely organic in their efforts.

Guineas - love 'em, hate 'em, but you will never be able to ignore them.

I hatched and sold guineas last year -- too much aggravation compared to chickens to do it again. But I always warned the buyers to be sure they could tolerate their racket and general stupidity. If you have never had guineas before, please look up some videos on youtube and play them -- at a high volume, to see if it's something you (and your neighbors) can tolerate. Unless your farm is huge, they will be visiting your neighbors and as long as they appreciate the "tick patrol" and can deal with the noise, all is well. They are also supremely stupid about vehicles. They don't see something rolling on tires as a danger like something with legs. We have to move very slow to avoid squashing them since they love to stand in the middle of the road or parking area.

All that said, we would never be without them on the farm. There are at least 30 roaming around at all times and it seems to completely stymie the hawks, they seldom even bother to fly over except to hunt in the next field. And the tick control, they are the best ever, and completely organic in their efforts.

Guineas - love 'em, hate 'em, but you will never be able to ignore them.
So very true!!!

Not sure where you are located bit there is a breeder on the eastern shore and one in Damascus. I can get you the name later today or just google search.

If you get adults you will need to lock them in the coop or whereever for abot 4 to 6 weeks so they know where home is. Adults have a tendency when rehomed to not stick around if you dont do this. Even if you do they still may try to go home.

Well I live up near Westminster and I wouldn't be able to drive to get them so unless the breeder on the shore can ship them I wouldn't be able to get them.

Back
Top Bottom