MARYLAND THREAD!

Well, I plunged into the deep end with chickens. We had been in the process of preparing for laying hens and ended up with chicks. I ordered lemon cuckoo orpingtons to be sent to my mom as a gift and a shipping error meant they came to me. So after a frantic run to get supplies as the babies were on their way to me, we picked up our lovely little babies. They are living in our spare bedroom at the moment and I'm just loving their little personalities! One loves to be held

Congrats! I have some baby lavender orpingtons in my unfinished music studio in there brooder box right now too. They are a joy. I feel like i have been in a constant state of brooding since march...well teqnically i guess i have. This year already i have raised up day old chick to teenaged pullets and cockrells in the following breeds
6 amberlinks
4 silver laced wyandottes
4 easter eggers
2 black silkies
2 partrige silkies
4 lavender orpingtons and
1 black orpington.
Lol they are very addictive, who knew. :)
Good luck with your littles and enjoy them, they grow up fast!

Hello all!

baltimore county here. hoping to finish fencing in my yard and get a coop built by mid july to start my own little backyard flock. I only have .9 acres so i'm hoping if i ply my neighbors with eggs they won't report me lol

Back
Top Bottom