MARYLAND THREAD!

Awe good to know thanks! I wasn't sure if the kids would be allowed near the animals at all. =) Haha rabbits. Nice.

Each seller is separate, so ask first of course. But rabbits, goats and puppies were all able to be touched by the kids. They hand fed some chicks as well. People know how to get the kid attached so the parents will buy!
big_smile.png

I'm hoping to go to the 3 sept swap. I've moved to 6 acres since the one in the spring, and I'd like to add 2-3 hens. I currently have 1 BO roo and 3 BO hens that just started laying. The roo is going to need more ladies. I hope to take my daughter and grandson this time.

Each seller is separate, so ask first of course. But rabbits, goats and puppies were all able to be touched by the kids. They hand fed some chicks as well. People know how to get the kid attached so the parents will buy!
big_smile.png

LOL yeah I'm sure that works pretty well too!

I'm hoping to go to the 3 sept swap. I've moved to 6 acres since the one in the spring, and I'd like to add 2-3 hens. I currently have 1 BO roo and 3 BO hens that just started laying. The roo is going to need more ladies. I hope to take my daughter and grandson this time.

Awesome! I am looking for a couple hens as well. Hoping to find some Wyandottes or Marans maybe.

I'm in Mount Airy, MD - anyone else from near here?

I have a mixed flock but working on moving to an all Delaware group and keeping an extra roo (production red) so that I can breed Delawares and also create my own sex links on the side.

So... Anyone from around here?

I have a mixed flock but working on moving to an all Delaware group and keeping an extra roo (production red) so that I can breed Delawares and also create my own sex links on the side.

Welcome to BYC! I live north of Westminster. Are you raising heritage delawares or no? All for eggs or just meat?

Welcome to BYC! I live north of Westminster. Are you raising heritage delawares or no? All for eggs or just meat?

I'm raising heritage (more or less) Delawares from Whitmore. I'm keeping all the ladies for eggs and butchering excess cockerels. (Saving best and fastest growing cockerel for breeding). I had a poor hatch of Dels 21 weeks ago (plus two massive weasel attacks) leaving me with only two Pullets and seven cockerels. I butchered 4 cockerels at 20 weeks and they had an average carcass weight of 3.6 lbs (no neck, feet, or giblets). I Saved my fastest growing and largest cockerel for breeding and two are waiting to be butchered at 24 weeks... So hopefully I can improve on how quickly they get to about 3.5 lb carcass weight. Who knows, but it is going to be fun to try!

I am also from the Westminster area, so I am very familiar with Mt Airy. I have a mixed flock as well. I do not have a roo right now, but I would like to try my hand at hatching some time in the future. Sounds like a fun endeavor! Good luck with yours!

Would anyone be interested in this little fellow?

He's about 8 weeks. I don't know the breed for sure but obviously naked necked. I bought him at the last poultry swap in Sharpsburg. I'm about 10 minutes from there.

I don't need another Roo at present.

Back
Top Bottom