MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi all I'm new to BYC and chickens in general. I live near Williamsport in Washington co.. We just raised up our first three chicks we got at a farm in new market and they all ended up being cockerels,I'm hoping they will keep getting along as they get older!Will have to get some already sexted or older next year to make sure we don't get any more roosters
1f60b.png

Yep the three boys I know what luck
1f61d.png
I wanted eggs.They should be fine for now since they don't have any hens to fight over. Next year we are planning on building another coop strictly for hens so the roosters and hens will be separate unless we want fertile eggs. I'm just to attached to let them go the first chicks I've ever raised. Sharpsburg is really close to me though I may have to check it out!

Hi all I'm new to BYC and chickens in general. I live near Williamsport in Washington co.. We just raised up our first three chicks we got at a farm in new market and they all ended up being cockerels,I'm hoping they will keep getting along as they get older!Will have to get some already sexted or older next year to make sure we don't get any more roosters
1f60b.png
Beware of buying chicks that are cheap. I often give away the males and make sure people know they are males, but perhaps not everyone is as concerned about their reputation.

Yep the three boys I know what luck
1f61d.png
I wanted eggs.They should be fine for now since they don't have any hens to fight over. Next year we are planning on building another coop strictly for hens so the roosters and hens will be separate unless we want fertile eggs. I'm just to attached to let them go the first chicks I've ever raised. Sharpsburg is really close to me though I may have to check it out!

It's close to me as well. I'm skipping this one. I went to the last one in June and left with 17 chickens, 3 guineas and two rabbits!
barnie.gif

Beware of buying chicks that are cheap. I often give away the males and make sure people know they are males, but perhaps not everyone is as concerned about their reputation.

Thank you for the warning!Yes some people just don't care. But if get any chickens I would look for some about ready to start laying in done raising chicks for this year
1f60b.png

It's close to me as well. I'm skipping this one. I went to the last one in June and left with 17 chickens, 3 guineas and two rabbits!:barnie

Haha o wow I wouldn't mind the chickens and rabbits but those guineas o my they are annoying! My neighbors have them one has five the other has 30 they are some odd looking noisy buggers
1f61d.png

I may go to the swap on Saturday to look for two more pullets. I'd like a couple of ducks, but I don't have housing for them. Maybe next year. The previous owner left a very small dog house, but I don't think it's good enough. No ventilation, too small, not varmint proof.

Back
Top Bottom