MARYLAND THREAD!

Does anyone in MD (or nearby) breed any red birds such as RIR or NH or Buckeye or something else? I will be looking for a cockerel for a Delaware sex-link project in the spring. Im guessing someone out there breeds some red bird and will have plenty of unwanted cockerels in the Spring! Let me know, Thanks~

Hey everyone - Just curious as to what Marylander's interest was had with purchasing Cream Legbars, BBS Ameraucanas, or Creole Cream Legbars (CLB over Welsummer Olive Eggers) next spring? I'm not NPIP certified, but am MDA registered back yard flock. This would be small scale, probably hatching 50 or so chicks every few weeks. I'm a hobbist and LOVE hatching eggs - just cant keep all the chicks LOL . Thanks for the feedback! Here are a few pics of my birds - Welsummer Roo, CLB Hen, and Blue Ameraucana Hen

I don't keep any of these breeds but they sure have beautiful coloring!

Does anyone in MD (or nearby) breed any red birds such as RIR or NH or Buckeye or something else?  I will be looking for a cockerel for a Delaware sex-link project in the spring. Im guessing someone out there breeds some red bird and will have plenty of unwanted cockerels in the Spring!  Let me know, Thanks~ 

I have a beautiful Welsummer crossed Golden Buff rooster you can have! I'll upload a pic later but he looks like a RIR - but is a mutt however I look at it. He is about 8 weeks old. I actually have approx 10 roo chicks that age I'll most likely drop off to a friend if I can't give them away elsewhere... most are WLH cross roos.

I have a beautiful Welsummer crossed Golden Buff rooster you can have! I'll upload a pic later but he looks like a RIR - but is a mutt however I look at it. He is about 8 weeks old. I actually have approx 10 roo chicks that age I'll most likely drop off to a friend if I can't give them away elsewhere... most are WLH cross roos.

Golden buff as in a sex-link hybrid? If so I don't think that will work for my sex-link project, but a Welsummer would (or at least that is what Google says....)

Thanks so much anyway- if you end up with any cockerels that are all red gene (I believe it is actually called 'gold' gene or something) then please let me know!

Golden buff as in a sex-link hybrid? If so I don't think that will work for my sex-link project, but a Welsummer would (or at least that is what Google says....)

Thanks so much anyway- if you end up with any cockerels that are all red gene (I believe it is actually called 'gold' gene or something) then please let me know!

I understand. This is what he looks like:

Otherwise, I do have a welsummer roo the same age - just have to confirm with my better half that we're no planning to keep the Welsummer Roo.

I have a gorgeous red/dark red/black tail feathers boy, William, if anyone wants him. We are near Salisbury, Maryland. I think he is a Welsumer but I need to take some pictures. He was from the June 1, 2016 hatch so at this point he is 7-1/2 months old. He has only "fluffed up" at me once, which was when I was shooing some hens out of the way so I could give them fresh water.

Today Martin, the big, dominant Black Australorp roo, beat him up pretty good, although I don't think it's anything serious. He got his feathers ruffled and his comb bitten, and they've been sparring on and off, but they just can't seem to get the "pecking order" sorted out.

I was hoping for some chicks from him this spring, he is the most gorgeous red roo I have personally had., and calm natured. But I don't want to get rid of Martin, the big black roo.

It would be kinder to let him go where he isn't going to be constantly having to fight it out, as the "second in command".

I also have Millard, who is a beautiful sleek chestnut red with greenish-black tail feathers and a blond-ish "mane". He is ok with his rank as #3, and has never come after me.

If either is the type you are looking for, I'd trade him for a few of his future babies.

I am halfway between Salisbury, and Ocean City, Maryland.

I'll take some photos hopefully tomorrow, and post them.

Message me if you want to come take a look at them!

Back
Top Bottom