MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi Sarahanjay, I spoke to my attorney tonight. We have our HOA meeting tomorrow night. I requested to be on the agenda so I can address to our community that the Board
of Directors disapproves of my hens and their coop. Nowhere in our by-laws does it state that we are not allowed to raise chickens. The Storm water pond is not owned by the city. (it was at one point)
But I have not be able to find the deed that says our HOA owns it. Another issue is the Architectural control that they think they have. What was the issue with your HOA?

Hey my Maryland Orpington folks, anyone know of a good English Orpington breeder who might have black or Lavender pullets or year old hens for sale? We sold some of our flock because we have decided to focus on just a few breeds and my lavenders say they need some more friends if I want to have a big hatch soon. I've also been considering getting mauves, but still need to research the genetics as we have never tried to breed those. Lavender is pretty much straight forward and we are now in love with our orps.i would very much appreciate any leads you can give me!
PS. I will be starting a small hatch soon, we'll have white crested blue and black polish, and lavender and black Orpingtons. PM me if you have been looking for lavenders.

Hi Sarahanjay, I spoke to my attorney tonight. We have our HOA meeting tomorrow night. I requested to be on the agenda so I can address to our community that the Board
of Directors disapproves of my hens and their coop. Nowhere in our by-laws does it state that we are not allowed to raise chickens. The Storm water pond is not owned by the city. (it was at one point)
But I have not be able to find the deed that says our HOA owns it. Another issue is the Architectural control that they think they have. What was the issue with your HOA?
I can't quite tell from the time-stamp on your post... but did the meeting happened? If so, what transpired? If the meeting hasn't happened- good luck!

The meeting happened. We are trying to get a new board of directors elected. The current board is trying to postpone this in order to enforce their decision that I have to remove my hens and their coop. It's gone to the next level where I have hired an attorney.

Just putting my feelers out- anyone interested in sharing an order of White Muscovies from Freedom Ranger Hatchery this Spring? I will be getting some for meat with hopefully a few hold-overs as breeders. The more ducks the lower the price! Right now I am planning on driving up to get them so I can meet with folks on the way/nearby to drop them off if anyone wants to share an order. This is my first time with ducks/meat ducks so I am only looking to get about 10 (or less).

I will also post in the PA and NOVA threads if there is one.

http://www.freedomrangerhatchery.com/white-muscovy-ducks.asp

Anyone interested in adult chickens? My family is moving and we have to get rid of all of ours. I have 22 birds left. Mostly Black Langshans and Welsummers. There is a Buff Brahma hen, a Buckeye rooster, and a few barnyard mixes. None of the 22 are over 2 years of age. We are asking $5 per bird. $75 for the entire flock. To discuss any other details please inbox me.

Anyone interested in adult chickens? My family is moving and we have to get rid of all of ours. I have 22 birds left. Mostly Black Langshans and Welsummers. There is a Buff Brahma hen, a Buckeye rooster, and a few barnyard mixes. None of the 22 are over 2 years of age. We are asking $5 per bird. $75 for the entire flock. To discuss any other details please inbox me.
I wished we lived closer! I would gladly take a wellie or 2....Someday we will own where I can keep my girls with me!

Hello all. Anyone from Harford County? I keep my Seramas indoors.

Checking into the Maryland thread. Montgomery county here. Our "The Garden Loft" Coop is under construction and our 10 chicks are on order from the Frederick Southern States. I've been waiting for this for three years, very excited to join in the chicken love!

Back
Top Bottom