MARYLAND THREAD!

Hey Marylanders,

If anyone is interested, I have a surplus of bantam juveniles. All are between three and four months old and all are hand-tamed. They will be tested in the next two weeks (for 4H,) but they are from an NPIP facility and my birds are all tested and clean, so they should be fine.

I have a small starter flock (5) of Sebrights - they need to go together.
2 gold-laced cockerels (IMO, the slightly older one is gorgeous!)
2 silver laced pullets
1 gold laced pullet

Three Old English Game Bantams (OEGB)
1 OEGB Black Breasted Red cockerel (we think!) He hasn't gotten his full coloring, yet, and he's already really pretty!
2 buff-colored OEGBs - possibly Red Pyle, as their color is just starting to come in. The older one is definitely a cockerel. The younger one, I'm not sure yet, but I think is a pullet. They look to be Red Pyle, but I've never seen Pyles this young, so I'm not positive. They are both nice birds - pale buff with red-gold hackles and points, and no blue in their tails (like Japanese bantams would have)

I may also have 2 4-month-old white Silkies, if I can talk my daughter into down-sizing. Silkies are notoriously tough to identify until they start either crowing or laying, so you'd take your chances on gender with them.

I am in the farthest North-Eastern corner of Maryland, about an hour north of Baltimore, but I will drive a reasonable distance to meet someone.

I'll try to post pictures this weekend, as soon as I have a second pair of hands available to help. Maybe, by then, I'll know for sure what my 4Hers want to do about the Silkies ...
Do you still have any of these available? I'm looking for bantams, we lost 2 and the 2 remaining are going to be at the mercy of the full sized flock. Trying to increase numbers so the mini birds can enjoy the yard too.

YES, YES, YES! PM me and we'll figure something out!
Do you still have any of these available? I'm looking for bantams, we lost 2 and the 2 remaining are going to be at the mercy of the full sized flock. Trying to increase numbers so the mini birds can enjoy the yard too.
Bantams2.jpg

These are a few of what I have available. Top right is Lord Barrymore (aka Barry) a really sweet gold-laced Sebright cockerel. Next to him is either Lacey or Lucy, one of the two silver-laced Sebrights, one of three young Silkies, as yet ungendered, and my wonderful little Red Pyle OEGB, Yukon. He's so spoiled! That's a size 8 ladies' foot in the foreground, to give you some size perspective. All of these youngsters are between 3-4 months old, hand-tame and social ... and ready to go!

Hello, I'm down a few of these. I still have the Sebrights and two really sweet little OEGB Cockerels - a Red Pyle and a Black Breasted Red. Both little boys will fly to my shoulder and ride around, talking in my ear ... really super pets!

Hi All - I live in Taneytown, Maryland. I will be starting a thread on the Local Laws and Ordinances forum to start the process of requesting the city of Taneytown to allow chickens within city limits. If anyone would like to join in this process, please look out for my post!

Back
Top Bottom