MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
BethESH your right you did visit so your getting eggs now i would like to try to hatch some of your eggs you interested in selling or i would run a batch and split them with you? jsut let m know.

Hello from Washington County, I was given a small flock of 6 white leghorn hens, 1 GLW hen and a BO roo, I got hooked and had to have more, I bought 2 BLRW and 1 GLW from Karen in Mt. Airy then 4 EE, 1 SLW, 2 BCM from Mike in Port Deposit, 2 Production RIR, 2 RSL, 1 Aracuna from a friend, I have to stop adding:(
Love this site and yes it is very addicting.....

Wow, DragonFeathers - you do have quite a flock and a great assortment of them too! I only have 4 hens, but I love them and I'm having so much fun raising them
smile.png

White Hall/Jarrettsville area. I have 2 Australorps, 2 Buckeyes, 2 PBR's, 2 Partridge Cochins..all pullets that are 7 mos. old. Also have 2 Toulouse Geese. Really want to add more girls to my chicken flock. Just can't do chicks again for several reasons. Soooo..trying to find girls that could just go out to the coop/free range with my other girls. Anyone nearby wanting to thin their flock???
wink.png

I have this posted elsewhere...but since this is the MD thread, maybe someone can help these geese out!

I dropped in at the local humane society yesterday and they had 4 Geese (3 Toulouse and one mixed breed). They believe there is one male and three females. They were found "wandering" and were picked up by animal control. The adoption price is SO cheap. I would take them if I could, but I am at max capacity with my geese and chickens. If anyone would like some very nice looking geese, please check these out! They were all getting along just fine and looked great.
PM if you want more info, as I have seen them first hand.​

Quote:
A poultry registration form? Hmmm, wonder how many other states require this. BTW, I am a mile north of the mason dixon line (in PA a hop and a skip from Fredneck county md).

Silkies, Ameraucanas, Araucanas (rumpless/tufted), Easter eggers

Just wanted to say hi... I was glad to find a Maryland thread. I am in Cecil County. I am totally new to chickens, and very thankful for this site.
We have 3 - two of them started laying a couple of weeks ago and one isn't quite ready yet. They are all spoiled rotten and we are crazy about them!
love.gif

We are already talking about getting a couple more in the spring!!

I'm glad to find a Maryland thread, and to see that there are folks fairly local...I'm in southern Fredercick County, not far from Urbana. I've got a pair of Australorps, one of who is molting and not laying, and three EE's who haven't started laying yet, despite being threatened with freezer camp.

I'm always looking to expand a little, and I'm building a new enclosure, so if anyone needs to thin the flock a little, let me know!

Back
Top Bottom