May Hatch-a-long! ~ 6th Annual Cinco de Mayo Hatch-a-long! ~

BABIES!!!! So far 28 chicks. Well, it would have been 29 but one had an issue with it's belly button that it would not have lived through so I had to let that one go. The others are all doing great though! Only one pip and one egg left to hatch.

Congrats on your hatch!
jumpy.gif

Today is my hatch day on my 5 remaining Australorp eggs in my incubator. The first one is now trying to peek out of it's shell. It's looking like a darker color, so maybe it will be the Black Australorp pullet that I am hoping for?
fl.gif
I'll wait until they have all hatched out, and then take a group pic!
wink.png

Edit: A little bit more of the chick is showing now, and it's head is starting to dry. It's not a Black, but another Blue Australorp.
roll.png

Last edited:
Hey all, funny thing is I set Easter weekend and that means their due for cinco de Mayo so here I am.

Set 27, one was broken by a protrusion from components on lid as it tilts in auto turner. Same thing happened past few years and maybe I'll remember next time. Think I'll magic marker an X in that egg slot. Tossed two clears last weekend so have 24 headed into hatch.

It's been one wet spring. Typical use of a shot glass or two of water was too much humidity so would fill one glass, let dry out for a day then fill again to try and maintain an average around 30%RH. Wasn't happy with air cell size so left dry (15-18% RH) from Sunday to this morning, day 19, then added water to one trough.

Happy Hatching

:Hola!
This is what I get for only paying attention to my subscribed threads, I guess. I only just found out about you all from the May HAL thread.

My chicks are due on May 5. Black Australorps, Partridge Rocks and Barred Rocks of mine from Meyer hatchery. Three little silkies for the friend who's letting me borrow her incubator.

Very cool! I love Black Australorps! They are big beautiful birds. Some of my birds are distantly related to them.

Hey all, funny thing is I set Easter weekend and that means their due for cinco de Mayo so here I am.

Set 27, one was broken by a protrusion from components on lid as it tilts in auto turner. Same thing happened past few years and maybe I'll remember next time. Think I'll magic marker an X in that egg slot. Tossed two clears last weekend so have 24 headed into hatch.

It's been one wet spring. Typical use of a shot glass or two of water was too much humidity so would fill one glass, let dry out for a day then fill again to try and maintain an average around 30%RH. Wasn't happy with air cell size so left dry (15-18% RH) from Sunday to this morning, day 19, then added water to one trough.

Happy Hatching
Welcome to the thread! Glad to have you joining us.

Looking forward to seeing all the little chicks tomorrow!

BABIES!!!! So far 28 chicks. Well, it would have been 29 but one had an issue with it's belly button that it would not have lived through so I had to let that one go. The others are all doing great though! Only one pip and one egg left to hatch.

Thanks for sharing pics of your hatch so far! Looks awesome. Really enjoy the blue and green eggs. Easter eggers are fun!

I woke up today to a 2nd hatched Australorp chick. It look's like they are both ok, (1 black, 1 blue) so I have moved them down into my brooder. There are 3 more eggs left to hatch out yet. Then there will be a group pic!

Back
Top Bottom