Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Rachel, congratulations on getting out of the D, but you can't leave the BYC! Please let us know how things go with your move and at the new place.

I'm still stuck here in MI for another 8 yrs or so.After my dad passed we have a bunch of large shop tools, but no where to keep/use them.. we decided to stay and pay off the mortgage and build a small garage/work shop. Buy this time most of my livestock will have lived their lives and I won't have to rehome them. (I'll also be getting the upstairs of the building to put my barn loom and spinning stuff... would be awesome to stoke up a wood stove and spin/weave the afternoon away esp on days like we're expecting tomorrow).

Speaking of leaving the lights on... I am tempted to start leaving the light on for the coop longer... 1 egg a month is not enough and I refuse to buy store eggs.

Ya'll have a good weekend. I have to work Saturday... :barnie Humbug!

Don't be intimidated by the banter. Jump in!! We welcome newcomers and enjoy the different opinions! That's how new friends are made on a forum. Heck, we've made some good friends getting to know each other through our banter. I've been on here for 11 years! I so enjoy when we get together at our picnic every year. Love just sitting and talking to you all. Miss the friends that have left the forum. But, there are a lot of new friends to be made...

Have fun out there Rachelsflock. My daughter lives in MA and both my wife's and my parents live in Maine. I grew up in New England. Pretty country not much unlike MI other than the rocks in the soil. Lots of rocks. And, I grew up right on the beach which was a bit saltier than Lake MI, lol

Forums are hard sometimes. Especially when you stop having birds. I'm just guilty of not checking in often enough.

Forums are hard sometimes. Especially when you stop having birds. I'm just guilty of not checking in often enough.
That is true, have seen it happen on more than few forums over the last 20 years....people come and go due to shifts in interests, or just life, which can break cohesive groups of camaraderie. Always a bit of a loss to be missed and mourned.
Reminds me of a favorite song lyric:
Life don't clickety clack down a straight line track,
it come together and it come apart.

Got 7" overnight here, light and fluffy stuff, almost looking forward to shoveling out the paths and run. NOT looking forward to the plummeting temps over the next few days.
Think I'll put out a dose of Sav-A-Chick electrolytes/vitamins as a booster today.

First round of shoveling done, path to coop.
Still coming down and blowing around.
Chickens won't be coming outside anytime soon.
upload_2019-1-19_9-0-43.png

We got about 2" in the Jackson Area, by the time I got to work in Ann Arbor, the snow started back up again. Sure glad we get free (flavored) coffee at work! (Thanks to me) At least I get to enjoy some of the fruits of my labor! Hehehe!

Ya'll stay safe out there if you have to drive anywhere today.

Back
Top Bottom