Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of Belles on M-40 or an auction to get chickens. Yes, I am new at the chicken raising thing. Wouldn't mind more information on them for future purchases.

Jen, if you mean Mom2, that is a new breed she is developing. The goal is to have the ugliest possible chicks. But they mostly grow into pretty birds. But some are really disturbing... Especially when she has 2 headed ones. Her little sanctuary she's working on, is really her little mad scientist crazy idea area... Like the island of Dr. Moreau... (sp?)

All of these strange crosses have resulted in the establishment of a new avian category more commonly referred to BUB. Many of these have caused vultures to feel handsome.

Last edited:
It's 92 degrees in the shade. Somehow, I doubt we'll be getting much outdoor work done today like we did yesterday.

Sounds like you are close to where my older sister lives in Alanson. Wow that's a lot of chickens. I have 16 red/black pullets and 2 plymouth rocks, then added 2 white ducks. They are very entertaining for all of us, my husband has even started to enjoy them more. Have a great Memorial Day!
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

Nah Jem, they are only about a month old. They are Pekin Ducks... in about another few weeks, they'd be ready for the table... Or not... not sure yet. LOL Welcome to the thread.

Nancy, my sister is out of the hospital. She has two tubes coming out of her stomach to keep the bile drained while her liver heals where the surgeon nicked it taking out her gall bladder. I know... The surgeon who corrected the "OOPSY" and sewed up the bile duct leak and the blood leak was not the same one who did the initial removal. She ended up back in again 2 days after that, because there was fluid build up in her stomach cavity pushing against the diaphram, and that is when they found the liver had been nicked as well during the gall bladder removal, which is near impossible to do, and he said that he fix the liver too, but it would require a full cavity opening to get to it, or she could just let it heal on its own while they continue to drain the bile from the cavity. So, she is going the drainage route... So much for a routine gall bladder removal.
I'm glad your sister is out of the hospital. What an ordeal this has become for her.

So for the first time since 2003, we have a cat. No name yet. Just a list of names so far. I think she was about three weeks old when I took her in, so she's about six weeks now, not needing the bottle much finally. And stinking cute, and after her first two hours of terror, has become super cuddly and affectionate.
An added bonus is the DH was out of town (visiting family in Marquette) when all this went down. The DH is not a cat fan, although he has grumblingly said several times that I could get another cat if I really wanted one. He is developing a real crush on this one though.
big_smile.png
I love your kitten novel...err story.
wink.png
I'm glad DH like it so much.

And this is my new "PUPPY" Scruffin

Oh now Scruffin is just cute! And that is a LOT of ducks you have there!

I had to herd the silkie crew back to their coop tonight. Seems that tonight is the night that none wanted to go in. Even the meaties had to be shown the way. Normally they are in on their own. I guess the heat has them not wanting too. Oh well. Not a secure pen for the meaties to be out at night. But sheesh. It was a bit after 9, and I had to use a huge fan rake to keep them all going the same direction from the front yard, back to their coop... The silkies that is... Maybe I should have just picked up Leila and dumped her off to her coop and her babies would have made it there. Roger... Good ole Roger would have eventually gotten them there. BUT as long as he sees me out, he will stay out too. Funny guy.
Chez Poulet
Love the name! I'm envious of your big coop too!

Vjwilmoth-see this little brown camouflage girl along with her sister above ? And the Uggo? Problem with Uggos is they all sort of have naked chests..so black may be easier, black skin, black feathers..harder to see their chests, lol..

This one in the middle! That at least has feathers that cover her chest up. If you have some like this or if this one is available. And are you asking me if I want both those tan hens? Sure!

HI everyone! I just recently moved to Indiana but I was born in MI and lived there for 37 years! I was born in Benton Harbor but lived most of my life in niles. About 6 years ago I moved to Edwardsburg (migrating south i guess) and now today Im living across the border in northwest IN. My son is currently a student at the University of Michigan.Go blue! He'll be a sophomore this coming year. I'm a proud mama! Anyway Il always be a MI girl at heart! Wondering who is in the area and cant really read over 4000 pages to find out! LOL
Dawn
welcome-byc.gif
I live just 20 minutes east of Benton Harbor, in Hartford.

No it wasn't intended for anyone here. I meant to tell the story when I came in for the night but I stayed out until dark then took a shower and fell asleep.

I was unloading the triple shred mulch out front when the old lady from up the street came by walking her dog. She sees what I'm doing and says to me "You can't use that shovel. Everyone knows that you can't use a snow shovel for dirt."

I continued to load the barrow with the "snow" shovel and I said that it seems to work pretty well for me. She then says, "you're ignorant" and went away.

Why do I seem to attract the whackos???
idunno.gif
Uhmmm, I wouldn't survive in your neighborhood.

Jen, if you mean Mom2, that is a new breed she is developing. The goal is to have the ugliest possible chicks. But they mostly grow into pretty birds. But some are really disturbing... Especially when she has 2 headed ones. Her little sanctuary she's working on, is really her little mad scientist crazy idea area... Like the island of Dr. Moreau... (sp?)
lau.gif

All of these strange crosses have resulted in the establishment of a new avian category more commonly referred to BUB. Many of these have caused vultures to feel handsome.
lau.gif

This one in the middle! That at least has feathers that cover her chest up. If you have some like this or if this one is available. And are you asking me if I want both those tan hens? Sure!
Okay yours! I was trying to convince Olive that her daughter needed that one, but she wasnt buying into it. And Sam will thank you as well, because that was the one I was plotting to put in his truck.. putting the browns and that one on my list as yours.

OK, there have to be better answers than this... anyone here care to chime in?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/670450/what-am-i-doing-wrong-graphic

Ummm... I had to shoot one 10 times till it fell out of the tree last week. I felt awful. But no way was he walking away to come back later. If you have water available dropping the trap in is easier - as long as the doors won't open on you. Just don't trap and release, their are too smart to catch again with a trap and someone else will have a problem with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom