Mille Cochin Info

5 is what you want - and I think it's 1 point off for each too many or too less..(have to check my SOP)

My Cochins err on the side of 4-5, just another thing to think about when breeding!
th.gif

Love everyone's pics!

I was looking at my cochin pens yesterday and thinking I need to get some new pics!
Really liking what I'm starting to see from this spring's hatch!

Bobbie - that funky BC looking girl has always been a sweetheart!
She LOVES to be cuddled!

Not sure what color she is....a smutty BC maybe - ?? -

Last edited:
Which one, Martha?

I am thrilled with all 4 of them! The unexpected black pullet from your MFC project is gorgeous! Lovely type when she's not freaking out over the cat at my heels.

Yep, that smutty BC is something else. She's broody with other pullet pictured with her. Crazy girls layed for about a week and went broody. Neither are anxious to get off there nonexistent eggs and invisible nests in the middle of the coop.

I was considering coming back up for some of the buff girls I turned down - before you sent them to the auction. I am kind of glad I didn't. I want to see where things go with Byron now. The only bad thing is neither Byron, Bridgette, Millie nor Mildred had breast flowers. Like Erin was, I am having an issue there. That dark pullet I got from you does have them and I have the two dark girls from Amy that will more than likely set me back, but they may go well with Byron.

Anyway I look at it, I am glad I kept Beakman. I should actually put him with Bridgette since she is basically black tailed buff... Hmmm. Has anyone tried using just buffs with mottled?

Last edited:
I know the is the millle fleur thread but it appears many of you also raise other colors.

I am having a real hard time finding any breeders of bantam cochins in my general area.

Due to the lack of them I can find around here, I've bought some eggs, incubating now, due this time nxt week. I've also recently purchased 4 starters from another BYCer that I'm waiting to be shipped. I'm not crazy about the whole shipping thing (cost, stress on birds etc) but I'm sure all will be okay. However, this purchase for me was rather excessive, wasn't so much the price of the actual chickens but the shipping cost really hurts, but I totally understand. Point is, I'll end up in the poor house if this is the only way I can find quality b cochins to build my flock and start to breed.

Does anyone know of any breeders around my area: let's just say Chattanooga, TN and surrounding areas?

Thanks

So glad you like them!!

I kept 1 black, 3 buff, a reddish/brown, and that light buff columbian from that group - all looking really good!
2 buff and 1 black are VERY broody - and share a box, like their mother does!

I was just looking at them, trying to decide how I'm going to move forward.
Think I'm going to use those non-MF girls to bring the type up and send them back to their sire (Mr. Red from Amy)

Time to sort out the next generation!
No odd colors b/c the black mottled girl has been broody most of the summer...but she sure does make nice babies!

Reyvaughn your chicks are gorgeous, I especially love that first pullet
love.gif

Here are some recent pictures of 3 of my boys
Ivan

Dinner

Prince

I really love your birds. Are these the ones you are using next year for breeding or just the ones you had to keep?

I'm uploading a pic right now I just took. It's not awesome but it's a picture. :)

Yes, all 3 of these boys will be in my breeding program.
Aw, love the first picture of the boys sunning themselves! Your Remington is Such a looker!

Back
Top Bottom