Mille Cochin Info

Quote: She has super type. But without breeding her to a MF rooster you won;t get MF. Columbian and Mottled is going backwards and will not produce MF. She has to be bred with a MF rooster to add that gene from her and the rooster to get the MF offspring.
I love her body shape, wing carriage and head. I have about 16 hens that look like this and they are bred to MF roosters with great results.

She has super type. But without breeding her to a MF rooster you won;t get MF. Columbian and Mottled is going backwards and will not produce MF. She has to be bred with a MF rooster to add that gene from her and the rooster to get the MF offspring.
I love her body shape, wing carriage and head. I have about 16 hens that look like this and they are bred to MF roosters with great results.
wink.png
As Amy has stated, I am in the same boat. I also have 4 beautiful girls from her eggs, early fall last yr., but guess I'll be needing to source a very nice MF boy. Currently I only have a blue mottled & brown/red.

I have some boys that I need to get photos of so I can move them out. I usually sell locally as seeing them in person is what gets people wanting them. I sold one the other day that I thought of as Calico and loved his coloring but did not have the type I was looking for in a rooster.

Someone on here had said that if I was going to sell Dinkle that they would like him and I think I am about ready to let him go. I just can't remember who said they would like to get him.

He has changed since this photo so I need to get some new ones. And photos of the other boys. I do not have any extra ladies to sell, unfortunately. I am retiring some of my older ladies that are 3 years old since they have slowed on their laying. I put them with the young boys so they can learn proper flock etiquette. That helps me to see what the young boys may produce and gives the boys a bit of education.

I have some boys that I need to get photos of so I can move them out. I usually sell locally as seeing them in person is what gets people wanting them. I sold one the other day that I thought of as Calico and loved his coloring but did not have the type I was looking for in a rooster.

Someone on here had said that if I was going to sell Dinkle that they would like him and I think I am about ready to let him go. I just can't remember who said they would like to get him.

He has changed since this photo so I need to get some new ones. And photos of the other boys. I do not have any extra ladies to sell, unfortunately. I am retiring some of my older ladies that are 3 years old since they have slowed on their laying. I put them with the young boys so they can learn proper flock etiquette. That helps me to see what the young boys may produce and gives the boys a bit of education.
Well, keep me in mind and I really want a GREAT one, type, color, etc. & of course would need to be shipped. So, just let me know if you think you have that one special one that would make me happy, happy, happy - lol

Hello all, I have been reading along on both the Mille and the Calico threads, but havent really had much to say. I do have some pullets that are sort of MF, but they are not really patterned correctly and a couple arent the right colors. I love them though, they are sweet and pretty. I have been hatching eggs for the first time(last year my friend did the incubation and we split the chicks) this spring. Three of my girls(there are four total) are in with a blue roo, he is split to mottled. I just thought I would share a couple pics.
About 12 days ago this chick was born. It is an orange-ish cream, not nearly as yellow as it appears in this pic at a day old. I thought it was probably a buff chick.

So I took a pic of it at 10 days and it appears to be buff with some white and black on its feathers.

I am soooo excited! I can hardly wait to see what it turns out like.....lol, not to mention what gender it is! It's wings look like this:

The wing appears split, but I am going to wait for it to fully feather out to see if that is so. Thanks for letting me share!
Very pretty, keep us updated with pics every few weeks!

I finally got some pics.

These chooks are 3 months old.

This chick hatched all black, she is the second one in the top picture. What a cool eye, right?

Last edited:
Here is Dinkle now. He has developed a bit more black in him and filled out some.

And I know the roo in the middle is for sale. I was going to sale the one in the back but he has me flip flopping on keeping him for breeding. Right now he is staying but if the others in the brooder boxes develop out nicer then I will move this guy out. The darker boy is staying for now to put back with MF Frizzle girls.

Good day all,

I was given two Mille Fleur D'uccle chicks. We thought they we hens but now at eight weeks of age they are beginning to crow. Is this a normal occurrence? I thought they would mature at 26 weeks. They have bright red combs. I would have loved for them to be hens.

Back
Top Bottom