Mille Cochin Info

Good day all,

I was given two Mille Fleur D'uccle chicks. We thought they we hens but now at eight weeks of age they are beginning to crow. Is this a normal occurrence? I thought they would mature at 26 weeks. They have bright red combs. I would have loved for them to be hens. 

Hello Sunflower, and Welcome to BYC!! Oh yeah, the crow is a real BIG red flag, you have yourself a couple of boys! But as long as you still need hens, AND you like the Mille Fleur pattern, you should jump ship on the d'Uccles and hop on the Banty Cochin train. I may be biased here, but the Cochins are a much sweeter bird!

Hello Sunflower, and Welcome to BYC!! Oh yeah, the crow is a real BIG red flag, you have yourself a couple of boys! But as long as you still need hens, AND you like the Mille Fleur pattern, you should jump ship on the d'Uccles and hop on the Banty Cochin train. I may be biased here, but the Cochins are a much sweeter bird!

Sunflower3628ac,
There is an active D'Uccle thread also, so you can share your pics there. I agree with Blarneyeggs tho about the cochins...

Okay, I need some advice. I need to know where/who my current girls need to be mated up with.
I have two coops & two different Roos, so I need to know what would be the best for right now. I would love to get into MF but I know I need a roo. So, for right now, this is what I have to work with. I have been hatching eggs from these but only selling them as "pretty" little chicks because they have all been together, so i'm not sure who the daddy x mommy.

Current roos:
(1) blue mottled Roo
(1) brown red Roo

Current hens:
(1) blk
(2) MF/calico
(2) blk mottled
(1) brown/gold (?), lacing on neck & chest
(2) blue mottled

Here is Dinkle now. He has developed a bit more black in him and filled out some.

And I know the roo in the middle is for sale. I was going to sale the one in the back but he has me flip flopping on keeping him for breeding. Right now he is staying but if the others in the brooder boxes develop out nicer then I will move this guy out. The darker boy is staying for now to put back with MF Frizzle girls.

Beautiful boys Amy! I don't know which I like best. Dinkie is very handsome, I think the Columbian looking one is really cool, and the dark one is really nice. He reminds me of the one you posted last year that I really like.

Okay, I need some advice. I need to know where/who my current girls need to be mated up with.
I have two coops & two different Roos, so I need to know what would be the best for right now. I would love to get into MF but I know I need a roo. So, for right now, this is what I have to work with. I have been hatching eggs from these but only selling them as "pretty" little chicks because they have all been together, so i'm not sure who the daddy x mommy.

Current roos:
(1) blue mottled Roo
(1) brown red Roo

Current hens:
(1) blk
(2) MF/calico
(2) blk mottled
(1) brown/gold (?), lacing on neck & chest
(2) blue mottled
well, personally, i'd probably put the brown gold with the brown-red, and everyone else with the mottled. LOL sounds like you need either a mille fleur roo or another mottled roo.

Not sure if anyone is looking for birds, BUT I have 10 young birds available here in Michigan.
2 breeding pairs
6 extra boys.

different colors

dads are either my calico cochin or my millie d'uccle roo on calico momma hens.

contact me by text or email if interested.

I am excited... Finally have my 1st egg from my MF Cochins!!!! Finding this pair was tough and super eggsited to see this egglet!

Here is the pic of the Rooster.... He only has one lonely hen with him at the moment... but will hopefully find more for him soon.

Since his picture is here... how do you guys think he rates in looks? Since all the MF Cochin experts are here!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone is looking for birds, BUT I have 10 young birds available here in Michigan. 2 breeding pairs 6 extra boys. different colors dads are either my calico cochin or my millie d'uccle roo on calico momma hens. contact me by text or email if interested.

Oh I wish you were closer!

Back
Top Bottom