Mille Cochin Info

I really need to get back into these guys. I haven't been on here for a loooong...... time. I can't believe this thread is still going strong! That's awesome. Ok so would any of you guys still working on Mille's be willing to sell me some eggs to get things rolling again. Send me a message if your willing to help me out Thanks :D

I miss my Millies. I got out of them this year when I had to downsize in the very wet Spring. I plan to start some again this year. Just can't stay away.

Hey Josh and Bantyman!! gosh, it's been so long. I still have them and my project has taken so many twists and turns, it's difficult to believe it's been this long. I think I've made some wrong turns but... pretty sure I'm back on track

I've always been a stickler for type so I am happy in that regard... now, it's time to pay more attention to pattern. I can hardly wait to fire up the bator.

Here are a few I sold this year. I need to get some shots of my breeding pens. I always take a ton of pics of my sale birds

The pullet to the left is the start of blue mille fleur. The gals on the right are brassy black mottled to put back on BC and a splash mille project bird.

The male on the left is showing fantastic background color and type. The male on the right is one of my breeders for this coming year. His pattern is looking good. He's dark and his type isn't as nice as the less patterned birds but I have some older hens I plan on putting him to to help him out.

I've also been dabbling with choc. mille fleur as well. I have split males over choc. mille females this year. I am excited to hatch a choc mille male as I think the cross will be breathtaking.

The male on the left is a split (I believe... I was never really good at keeping records) The girls on the right are all choc. mille patterned (missing white tips) so the color on females isn't going to be very interesting.

Here are a couple examples of the best patterned mille fleur I've managed to hatch. The hen is about 2 years old and is recovering from a molt. Even all filled out, her type is NOT great... but I've kept her around because of the breast flowers. The cockerel is this year's hatch and is split breasted. I have been dealing with that a lot. ...hoping to see less of it in 2016

a few more pics.

Last edited:
Hey all! I have been breeding milles for a little over a year now, and have three generations. I am breeding for colour, and the Cochin standard. I will post pics as soon as I finish uploading them to see what you guys think! I started with a pair and have gotten some really great chicks!

Here's my original cock

And my original hen

their first chick

My favourite cock!

My favourite hen!

This cock is for sale, if anyone's interested PM me

Another hen.

This cock is also for sale.

And the last hen.

The hens are still getting in their white. They start out brown, of course.

I posted these on the old thread. I didn't realize there was new one. I am working on calicos for myself. Around here the colors seem boring. I want something pretty.

This is my main rooster:
This is his son, which I kept as a back up until I can find another I like better. My roommate really likes him and picked him out:
I dont like his body as much as his fathers. But his cream is coming in well. I believe he is a blue calico.

I have chicks on order from someone near me that is working on mille fleur and getting more of this coloring. I prefer it so it works for me!

I am looking for a mille hen for my backyard coop. I I currently have some Serama hens but would like to add some Mille to the flock. I don't mind paying shipping if anyone can recommend a good breeder.

I am looking for a mille hen for my backyard coop. I I currently have some Serama hens but would like to add some Mille to the flock. I don't mind paying shipping if anyone can recommend a good breeder.

Where do you live? That might help!

And welcome to BackYardChickens.

Here are some links you might ask on.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/823213/bantam-cochins-club

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/195235/cochin-thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/647353/cochin-bantams-and-frizzle-cochin-bantams

Back
Top Bottom