Mille Cochin Info

Forgot one-
Your pics are always so amazing! I have Cochin, AND photography envy! We have hatched a bunch of eggs out. WITH the stipulation that EVERY single chick must be sold, TOO many birds in this house...so of course the kids fall in love with the Milles....'awww...pahlease Mom??' How can I say no to that?

Here are the newest chicks I hatched. I had 1 MF from my eggs (dark red/ brown) and the rest of the MF are from Lynne. I did hatch a good number of mottled lately.

love.gif

Just 2 Oz who is MF roo and then Twister who is the baby pic in avatar--he has developed considerably more black now. I'll get pics this weekend--mine are never near as good as yours. Who is the roo in the 5 and 6 pic's? I dont remember seeing that one before.
That is Kipper from Nancy. He has changed a lot and fast since I got him.

Your pics are always so amazing! I have Cochin, AND photography envy!

We have hatched a bunch of eggs out. WITH the stipulation that EVERY single chick must be sold, TOO many birds in this house...so of course the kids fall in love with the Milles....'awww...pahlease Mom??' How can I say no to that?
lol.png

She has super type. But without breeding her to a MF rooster you won;t get MF. Columbian and Mottled is going backwards and will not produce MF. She has to be bred with a MF rooster to add that gene from her and the rooster to get the MF offspring.
I love her body shape, wing carriage and head. I have about 16 hens that look like this and they are bred to MF roosters with great results.

I have some boys that I need to get photos of so I can move them out. I usually sell locally as seeing them in person is what gets people wanting them. I sold one the other day that I thought of as Calico and loved his coloring but did not have the type I was looking for in a rooster.

Someone on here had said that if I was going to sell Dinkle that they would like him and I think I am about ready to let him go. I just can't remember who said they would like to get him.

He has changed since this photo so I need to get some new ones. And photos of the other boys. I do not have any extra ladies to sell, unfortunately. I am retiring some of my older ladies that are 3 years old since they have slowed on their laying. I put them with the young boys so they can learn proper flock etiquette. That helps me to see what the young boys may produce and gives the boys a bit of education.

I would be interested in this guy but I am in Missouri and would need him shipped.
Not that I really have the room but I am considering selling my Columbians.... They have been my favorites but now I am more in love with my buff columbians and don't really want to get rid of my mottleds.

Davony, I don't know how far you are from the Oklahoma border, but I hatched out about 20 chicks and may have some extra cockerels. I will be culling hard for type. I certainly don't want to steal a sale from Amy, but don't want anyone to get discouraged from the project when you have an Okie neighbor!

I've been thinking of adding a Buff Columbian to my own program. Do you have any photos of your Buff Columbians or know where to get some good quality ones in the area?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom