Mille Cochin Info

Well. Each of the 2 black chicks are getting red. The older is still black with red feathers coming through on his chest and the younger is looking rather mottled but has red foot feathers.

The frizzle-

And these 3 cockerels were identical at hatch but each is maturing slightly differently but rather similar. They all have the same red orange color but the 1st has very little white and looks almost identical to what his father did at this age. The second is probly the best of the 3 with white tipped feathers and some chevrons you can see here and there on his back and coming in on his chest. The 3rd is only getting white feathers aside from his wings.

#1 and #3

#3 and #1

Napping UNDER the hammock....
1f60e.png

Finally, after 7 years, I have the pattern I have been striving to obtain. This boy is the son of Chief, my Blk Mottled x MF.. I bred Chief to a dark MF. to get this great pattern on his son.

Chief

5 Months today. Can't wait to see him at maturity :)

Hoping someone can give me some pointers. I love my bantam Cochins and am looking into some very small scale breedings. I know I want to have Mille fleur and calico. Also thinking blues and/or lemon blues. With mottleds and Colombian as back stock. My question is do whites have any place in any of that? I have 2 white frizzle hens. I like them and the frizzles are pretty neat but I'm thinking I will sell them if they don't have a spot in the program. I know white is pretty dominant and masks other colors...

Congrats! He is beautiful. I have some eggs in the incubator now and my hen is on eggs. Can't wait for the babies!

Back
Top Bottom