Mille Cochin Info

Pics
Hey folks, I have a few cockerels I'd like to pass on to someone who could use them. I have 4. Two are a nice red with white tips and not much black.. one has a bit more on his chest than the other. One looks almost completely mottled. He does have some rusty streaks. He might be a good "melanizer" for pullets lacking black. And one would be perfect for this "candy corn" project. He is almost red pyle looking.. with all white underside, buff/white mottling on chest, red hackles and saddle and very little black on his hackles.

10091_100_5351-1.jpg

10091_100_5354-1.jpg

10091_100_5359-1.jpg

here's a shot of the red pyle looking one as he went screamin by
lol.png

He is really going to be a shockingly gorgous roo.. just cannot use him.
10091_100_5356-2.jpg

I'd love it if someone could come and pick up. I would like $20 for the 5 month old red guy and the others are free.

Last edited:
Msbear, all I can say is hubba-hubba! The one with so much white is sooo handsome!
droolin.gif

Why is it I never live close to anyone??? Oh yeah, because I would have too many......
tongue2.gif

If I hadn't already WAY overspent on buying breeding stock for my MFC and CCC projects I would be very interested in that mostly white boy! Unfortunately, I am so broke now (but rich in chickens!) that I can't even consider adding any more. It's good to know that cockerels like that are being produced though! Thanks for sharing the photos, Erin!

Here is an update pic of the two chicks born almost 4 weeks ago. They are both cockerels. One is a Mille Fleur Cochin & the other a Mille Fleur D'Uccle.

18946_duccles_for_bud_004.jpg

The chick on the left is MFC & the right MFD

18946_duccles_for_bud_003.jpg

The chick at the bottom is the MFC & top is MFD

I am sooo pumped. I just checked on my brooder and (boy those chicks can change so much in a day!!) I have a 3 week old that hatched buff with some red and he/she's (I think it's a he) developing buff background saddle and hackle feathers EACH tipped in black!! Every single feather!! Now, if the white will follow...
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom