Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
Light Brahma roo X Buff Orpington hen, 6 months old. Light Brahma roo X Buff Orpington hen, at 6 months old she is already bigger than her mom Light Brahma roo X Black Jersey Giant hen, at 6 months old taller than his dad.
Nice looking chickens. Has the hen started laying yet? If so, are the eggs bigger than Brahma eggs?

Buff orpington roo over blue cochin hen = Elvis

This is my five week old Austra Egger. Mother is a black Australorp, father is a blue wheaten Easter Egger. I have three like this. Most of the Australorp eggs hatched out black, but I had three that were solid blue. One is pullet (I'm pretty sure) and I will be keeping her.

Just wandering if they have started to featger out yet?
Here is what they looked like at 6 weeks of age. Starting to see what the final outcome will be.

The male kept wanting to say hi and would stand off so i could get a nice full body pic, but I think the girl takes after the orpington a lot more. She's so fluffy!!!

Father Purebred Barnevelder
Mother Ancona
Children all shiney black. Some have white lacing on their chins or on their side but mostly dark black

The personalities vary the most. Some are more wild like the ancona and are constantly running and some are tame like the barnevelder and just want to sit in your lap and sleep but they all LOVE people. I cannot go outside without being swarmed by tiny cuddly chickens

Last edited:
Love seeing all the crosses!! I just put some eggs in the incubator yesterday, they will have buff orpington roo x australorp hen crosses as well as some full blooded buff orps. This is my first time incubating so Im crossing my fingers for a good turn out. Can't wait to see how my crosses turn out!

Back
Top Bottom