MO woman faces charges over dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon, the girl can't even compose a sentence, does she REALLY think she ever had ANY hope whatsoever of getting into veterinary school????? I agree with chickenwrangler, she's just another moron cruising through life, not caring in the least who she bumps into or craps on along her convoluted way.

OK, the radio station just got done reading on-air the highlights of a 2 page letter that the chicken owner wrote to the radio station. He recounts how in 2010 his wife was attacked in her yard by a pitbull (not belonging to the chihuahua owner) and he ended up having to shoot & kill it to stop the attack, which injured his wife. Both he and his wife are over 65 years old and have health problems. He had told all of his neighbors, including chihuahua lady, about the pitbull attack and informed all that he did not want any loose dogs on his property because his wife was now afraid of dogs and feared injury from same. He also said that CL (chihuahua lady) was well aware that her dogs annoyed him because they barked and nipped at his heels every day when he went out to get his mail. When the CL dogs killed his chicken, they were INSIDE the pen and his wife was injured when she went out to try to drive the dogs out of the chicken pen. When he called CL, she said that her dogs would NEVER do such a thing.... to which he replied "Then I guess you won't mind if I shoot the dogs that did it". At that time she called her dogs home.

The stupid radio folks (Dana and Parks) are STILL supporting the CL, well they have certainly never been my favorites, I think that usually their privates must be raw from riding the proverbial fence. They seem more upset that the chicken owner accused the media of not exploring all the facts (gee, does that happen??????
he.gif
)

I'm going to weigh in and say, the bottom line is this is a property rights issue. The person owns x and has a right expect others to mess with his property. (Take it, break it, etc.)

OK, the radio station just got done reading on-air the highlights of a 2 page letter that the chicken owner wrote to the radio station. He recounts how in 2010 his wife was attacked in her yard by a pitbull (not belonging to the chihuahua owner) and he ended up having to shoot & kill it to stop the attack, which injured his wife. Both he and his wife are over 65 years old and have health problems. He had told all of his neighbors, including chihuahua lady, about the pitbull attack and informed all that he did not want any loose dogs on his property because his wife was now afraid of dogs and feared injury from same. He also said that CL (chihuahua lady) was well aware that her dogs annoyed him because they barked and nipped at his heels every day when he went out to get his mail. When the CL dogs killed his chicken, they were INSIDE the pen and his wife was injured when she went out to try to drive the dogs out of the chicken pen. When he called CL, she said that her dogs would NEVER do such a thing.... to which he replied "Then I guess you won't mind if I shoot the dogs that did it". At that time she called her dogs home.

The stupid radio folks (Dana and Parks) are STILL supporting the CL, well they have certainly never been my favorites, I think that usually their privates must be raw from riding the proverbial fence. They seem more upset that the chicken owner accused the media of not exploring all the facts (gee, does that happen??????
he.gif
)

Shame on the CL! His wife was injured during the chickens being attacked! She doesn't need dogs! A lot of people think chihuahuas/small dogs are little innocent beings.
smack.gif

Looks like she is digging herself a deeper and deeper hole. Admitting driving without a licences for a couple of years.

Guess it's ok with you if the neighbor's dog comes and craps in your yard, digs up your garden, barks non-stop outside your window, chases and attacks your animals and kids.... after all, you're INVITING all those things by having a yard. GET REAL, people have a right to peaceable enjoyment of their own property without some neighbor's animal(s) coming and messing with it, ANY of it!
Agree!

If you think about it, this is just one more variation on the same theme. We hear the same story over and over again on BYC, though the legal consequences are rarely come about as they are here.

Many folks believe a dog has more value than a chicken, therefore, no matter if the dog owner was completely in the wrong, the dog gets a free pass, because, well, it's only a chicken, right? We eat chickens; we don't eat dogs in the U.S.

Some of us are fortunate to know that a chicken can be as loving companion as a dog. They can learn their names, recognize faces, enjoy your company and not just as food giver. When my dog passes, I will not get another because I have certain hens who give me just as much affection and attention as any dog I have ever owned. I have found wonderful pets in my chickens because I opened my heart, mind and eyes to what they can really be. To other people, they're only a future dinner. That is why the attitude you see in these stories, IMO.
Oh yes, if non-chicken people only understood how we chicken people feel when a dog kills our pet chickens. The owner of the dog that killed 4 of my 5 girls, one of which I had put to sleep because of her injuries told me when I took the vet bill to him that it was ridiculous that I took a chicken to the vet and when I asked him what was I supposed to do with my poor girl with mulitple puncture wounds and a gaping hole on her back, his reply was I sould have brought her to him and he would have killed her. I can still see this man's face and will never forget that in my life. I was too stunned to say anything like if your dog had been injured would you kill it yourself (and yes I know there are a lot of farmers and country people who do put down their injured and sick animals and I totally understand, I can't do it but I don't think anything bad if you do do it). But I do not see this man or his family killing their pet dog. Yes they are chickens but they are my pets and are treated just as well as my cats! I think the lady should be punished, if it had been her dogs who were attacked you can sure bet she would be throwing a fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom