Murray McMurray hatchery???????

As I'm in Vt., I've learned from experience to order my chicks no earlier than mid-May. In the past, I have had some problems with chilling during shipping. I ordered 15 feathered footed fancies, straight run. There were only 4 roosters. I also ordered 3 Whiting Blue. Completely satisfied. They were shipped on Monday, June 10, and arrived early Wednesday morning. I did lose one of the babies at about 3 weeks, but he was always on the small side. I only got the Whiting because they had a surplus, and the nice lady who took my order wouldn't take no for an answer. So glad she was persistent. They are the smartest by far. My chickens free range as soon as they figure out how to get out. These actually remember how to get back in, and are keeping very close to the yard. I would never order from anywhere else, unless I wanted show quality birds. There is some genetic diversity.

I am curious about the partridge rocks you sold. What did you think about the quality of their lacing? I am considering getting some in my order for next spring but I was disappointed in the lacing on the Silver Laced Wyandotte hen I have from them.

This is my Patridge Rock Poppit, from MMc. I received her in July & she is doing great! No eggs yet, but I believe her lacing is beutiful, although I'm definitely not a judge or anything. She's my husbands favorite out of my very mixed flock.

These are out Jersey Giants we purchased from MMcM as day old peeps on Feb 1st of this year. They are such great birds and have already hatched out a half dozen babies (pictured here are Flopsy and her chicks) Colonel Cluck is their sire and they have been one of the best investments of my life. Great foragers and good personalities.

My family has ordered MM a couple of times in the past. The first time being with 4-H. So has all been within an 11 year time span. All the checking were great and ended up laying massive eggs. Nearly all were laying double yoked eggs. This occurred with hens ordered at separate times. We just fed them a mix of mostly scratch and some layers mix. All those chickens have since passed. I am now raising chickens of my own from MM. I have only had one welsummer pass out of the two that were ordered. All 8 silver laced Wyandottes, 5 Cornish rocks, and one mystery chick(we think is a silver spangled Hamburg) are doing just fine. They are currently 8weeks old.

I've ordered from them several times and never had any big problems. It cracks me up all the people who say they "dont do hatcheries". Ok if you dont do hatcheries, I understand that you prob. purchase them from a breeder or such. But where do you think a breeder got their stock from and so on down the line. Stock had to be obtained from a hatchery or a breeder that supplies hatcheries at some point in your birds lineage. I understand that people who are breeding for show quality purposes probably aren't ordering birds from a hatchery. But what about the other 95% of people who are not raising show birds? Those raising for eggs, meats, or just enjoyment. I do enjoy seeing a bird in it's best possible form and condition, but I just don't get the whole " I dont do hatcheries" mentality. Maybe it's just me........
idunno.gif
Every time I've ordered from them, the chicks arrived in great health and were a joy to have. We used our birds in 4-H showmanship "only", but what a great way for the children to learn about, love and to care for chickens!

I've ordered from them several times. Been nothing but happy with their customer service and chicks. Only bad experience was when the USPS sent the chicks the wrong way and took an extra day to get them. Lost almost half of the 36 shipped, but not McMurray's fault. They credited me for the lost birds and I placed another order later that year. They are a great place in my opinion.

I received 54 chickens from Murray McMurray hatchery last August. I am very happy with the birds they sent me. The silver laced wyandottes have some of the nicest lacing I've seen. I wanted to order some of their gold laced wyandottes but they were all sold out already! Same with their blue laced red wyandottes. That makes me think that other people feel the same way. I will make sure to order as soon as possible for next year.

Back
Top Bottom