Muscovy duck Q&A

Pics

Looks like there's veins to me, hard to see though... like WV said, that big dark spot is their eye... is it moving? Bouncing around a bit?

I
Looks like there's veins to me, hard to see though... like WV said, that big dark spot is their eye... is it moving? Bouncing around a bit?

It doesn't look like it's moving unless I move the egg around. But this is the healthy egg my internet is slow right now the egg in question I just can't get to upload I will try again soon

Hi there! I would guess you are correct, the dark spot you see first is usually the eyes. You should also see alot of veins running along the inside of the shell. If you don't see veins, then either your light isn't bright enough, or it has quit growing. Be sure to shine down through the air cell on the fat end of the egg to get the best view. I look all around the egg, but always look thru the air cell.

Posting pics, are you mobile? Sometimes when I hit the pic icon, mobile screen will appear empty, but scroll up, and the attach link is there. A pic would definitely help.

Good luck!

With the mobile I click on the upload pick my image click on it and an icon says embedding image for like a minute then it just refreshes screen to my reply like I never did anything at all. On the desktop version I try uploading the specific egg I am worried about and after like a min or 2 it says error some of the image couldn't upload. And I took 4 different pics of the egg in question and all 4 pics bounce back that error message.

Oh, for lockdown humidity, sponges are great... or a small tray with a cloth folded in it filled with water... just keep adding sponges til it gets where you want it...

Right now I made a big reservoir that I fill with water that's like 4 inches wide by 12 inches long and I fill it 1 inch deep with water and then I also have a wash rag I periodically soak and place in the proximity of the eggs is that not good? What could I do better?

Right now I made a big reservoir that I fill with water that's like 4 inches wide by 12 inches long and I fill it 1 inch deep with water and then I also have a wash rag I periodically soak and place in the proximity of the eggs is that not good? What could I do better?

What humidity is that keeping it at?

Surface area is the factor needed for higher humidity, not deeper dishes (thiugh that helps to keep from having to refill as often)... cups filled half or 3/4 full with water and narrow sponges stuck in them on end so one end sticks out far might help more...

What humidity is that keeping it at?

Surface area is the factor needed for higher humidity, not deeper dishes (thiugh that helps to keep from having to refill as often)... cups filled half or 3/4 full with water and narrow sponges stuck in them on end so one end sticks out far might help more...

It's keeping it between 25 and 30 percent. I'm a little concerned,. But so far the weight loss is only slightly lower than it should be

Back
Top Bottom