Muscovy hatching 10 days early

They're not Bantam mallards, they're referring to them as Bantam sized. Only 2 or 3 pounds.

ETA: Basically their eggs could be similiar.

Last edited:
I have a mallard that lays cream. Is that the pip in the pic?

It's gotta be a mallard. What other explanation is there?
idunno.gif

No, that's the X for turning. The pip is on the side near the air cell. It has not progressed, but it's peeping at us when we talk to it.

No, that's the X for turning. The pip is on the side near the air cell. It has not progressed, but it's peeping at us when we talk to it.

That's what I was saying. That little hole. Kinda fuzzy in the pic. So he's peeping at you!! That's good! I can't wait to see what pops outta there. It's like Christmas. Are you fully prepared to be a Mallard mom?
big_smile.png

We were not ready for the little one yet, still waiting for the duckling layette I ordered. Setting up the brooder but don't have food yet.

It could still take a couple more days for him to hatch.. so you're good. Keep me posted. I'm SO curious about what's coming out of that egg.

Me too, when our duck decided she didn't want her duckling[Muscovy] we had to hurry and make a brooder, we used an big plastic bin that i had clothes stored in. put shavings down with paper towels over that and put up a heat lamp over top made a space inside the closet and put him in he did fine.

Back
Top Bottom