Muscovy keepers share your pics!

oh so it likes a baby baby, if i were you i would look up ways to prevent under bite because if ts tiny, and its not three days yet then its bones haven't hardened yet.

the baby is about a week old. I didnt think there was a way to correct it accept for clipping it and I really didnt want to do that and it bleed and be in pain

But like I mentioned, its not bad at all right now. Its barely knoticable. I just want it to go to a good home with people who know what they are doing and can care for it properly incase it gets worse as it grows.

Buck, do you mean duck viral enteritis? The Duck Plague? Did you get a vet diagnosis?

As for bubbly eyes, it's generally from cocciosis which is a protozoan found in dirt. It comes from grazing ducks on grass which is cut shorter than three inches, feeding ducks mown grass or weeds which have the roots attached, and occasionally from ducks digging in fresh gardens. It's an internal parasite. In adult ducks the symptoms are bubbly eyes and sometimes a small amount of blood in the feces. It actually does cause mild diarrhea, but it's ducks so their stools are always loose and it's hard to notice. In babies it causes a high mortality rate.

You need to use a medication specifically designed to deal with protozoan infections.

Yeah the state poultry and fowl guy checked up in her when he came and tested my ducks for my NPIP card and I got news that her babies wouldn't have it so that's good, and she's been cured of the affects of the virus she's now anemic though from not being allowed to go outside. Her babies are perfectly healthy with no disease

And okay, I've also heard that it can be from a natural occurs nice of havin to much salt in there diet, but I have had some males with bubly eye but they haven't had any oter signs of tht parasite, and it's only in early spring, and I feed my ducks grass, but not the roots, so I'm guessing that's okay

And I really don't think that parasites very common down here except in really unclean areas, see my birds free range and the get a bubbly eye here and there but never like sick from it, but just in case I he them some sulmet is that okay to use?

Back
Top Bottom