Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Here's mine got them 4 days ago, any advice tou can give me will be much appreciated...

Ok, just because I was uploading photos anyways, I thought I'd share some of my pictures of Blue.

So, these two are a blue and a silver in the more "Blue" line. The silver doesn't look silver, but it is. It's two genes for blue, just a crappy shade of blue.

These are a blue and a silver from a more charcoal type blue.

These are lavs. Otherwise known as Self Blue.

Then there's blue barred split to ripple, lol.

Yep, it's enough to give you the blues.

Lehcar, the best advice I can give is: Spoil them rotten! If you've never had Muscovy, they are NOTHING like other poultry. It's more like owning a dog with wings. You know how happy dogs jump up on you? Ya, happy Muscovies have a version of that, it's called flying enthusiastically straight at your head to say good morning.

That's hilarious! you are killin me over here! I would actually like the change! I only have chickens and not very many yet but the few I do have, dont have any interest in being held or petted :( they just prefer to be left alone unless i have treats lol, I couldn't imagine walking out the back door to a large bird flying at my head! (although now i am imagining it)

Ok, just because I was uploading photos anyways, I thought I'd share some of my pictures of Blue. So, these two are a blue and a silver in the more "Blue" line. The silver doesn't look silver, but it is. It's two genes for blue, just a crappy shade of blue. These are a blue and a silver from a more charcoal type blue. These are lavs. Otherwise known as Self Blue. Then there's blue barred split to ripple, lol. Yep, it's enough to give you the blues.
beautiful

Ohhhh, man... if you have the room and the inclination, there is NOTHING like a Muscovy. They wag their tails when they are happy and often tug at my pants when I'm not paying attention to one of them enough (there are a lot of them, and they ALL want attention). When I try to get a photo of one particular duck, they all know what I'm doing and rush to photo bomb.
I was trying to get a photo of the lav in this one, but the little black guy HAD to have his picture taken.

The whole flock is trained. They come when I clap my hands. If I yell at them, they know to run back to the backyard (they know they aren't supposed to be in the front yard).
I just say "Get back in the barn" and they do.

Greatest Bird Ever.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom