Muscovy keepers share your pics!

They can sure keep us hopping can't they. I keep mine mama's and ducklings penned up to keep them from wandering to far when tiny. Too nerve wracking.
I´ve tried, but the hens get so stressed out. I pen my Brahmas with their chicks for a week or so, but the ducks don´t want to know. I once had a muscovy that would climb over the 6' fencing to get out and would manage to find the smallest gap to get her babies out, too. As long as they stay here in our place they´re as safe as houses, but this one duck has a mind of her own! She´s a homing duck! I´ve given her away twice, and she comes back! DH says I should sell her!
lol.png
She´s very tame, and doesn´t get all flappy when I go near her tiny babies. This is her having a break while the eggs were pipping:

I´ve tried, but the hens get so stressed out. I pen my Brahmas with their chicks for a week or so, but the ducks don´t want to know. I once had a muscovy that would climb over the 6' fencing to get out and would manage to find the smallest gap to get her babies out, too. As long as they stay here in our place they´re as safe as houses, but this one duck has a mind of her own! She´s a homing duck! I´ve given her away twice, and she comes back! DH says I should sell her!
lol.png
She´s very tame, and doesn´t get all flappy when I go near her tiny babies. This is her having a break while the eggs were pipping:
She is beautiful. Guess she just likes it at your place since she's come back twice.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom