Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Can i ask a favor , im more in geese the ducks but do al muscovys get carnuncles, atleast the females because of these pics

top pic the bird pointing right, he looks to be a drake? but they are just lovely!
love.gif

Hi fellow muscovy lovers. I have been looking at everyones pictures and I thought I would share pictures of my own flock.
a wide angle of my whole flock

My younger drake (6mos)

Daddy Duck (18mos)

Mamma Duck (18mos)

On the pond

My two young hens (six mos)

We had a completely white drake hatched as well, but his name was Thanksgiving.
I love muscovies, I have had other types of ducks but nothing beats my muscovies.

Here is a picture of a swan that they have at Disneys Magic Kingdom. I want one!

Also, I thought I might add to this thread that I am looking for a home for my younger drake and one of my white hens. I live in Eastern NC, if anyone is interested.

I didn't get a chance to go through every post on this thread yet, but beautiful birds everyone! I'm excited because I have just purchased my first 2 muscovys and I'm wondering if there is anything special I need to know about caring for them. They will be living with my Rouen x Khaki Campbells (1 drake and 2 hens). The seller is pretty certain they are 1 male and 1 female. How can I tell once I go pick them up this weekend?

I didn't get a chance to go through every post on this thread yet, but beautiful birds everyone! I'm excited because I have just purchased my first 2 muscovys and I'm wondering if there is anything special I need to know about caring for them. They will be living with my Rouen x Khaki Campbells (1 drake and 2 hens). The seller is pretty certain they are 1 male and 1 female. How can I tell once I go pick them up this weekend?
If old enough the drake will be quite a bit larger than the duck. Only thing I see that maybe a problem and it's not just Muscovy is 2 drakes with females. Them boys don't like to share.

I never had a problem with my rouens and my muscovies. Its like the muscovies didn't even acknowledge the existence of the rouens. The muscovy drakes were on a different plane of existence than the rouens. But they were all free range on 4 acres.

No, not really.... but as ML said keep an eye, the drakes may fight, mine still do yet they have 4 girls a piece, i do separate them at night so this doesn't get nasty, most days they are ok as they have a large area but still....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom