Muscovy keepers share your pics!

What a cutie.
love.gif

lol I am new, I have only managed to get to like page 310 on this thread since I got Duckie.

I am posting pics now, but I guess it's still a little young to be guessing gender, esp since it's an "only" duck. (So far). I started out with 2 very young ducklings, but one died. I had been looking for some, and was told yesterday of a place I can go and just catch some! There's a colony forming in a nearby town, and the owners of the property give them away constantly. I am afraid though, that even the babies at this point may be too wild to try to keep? Unless i can find some fuzzies to grab. IDK. WDYT?

Now, here's Duckie... Hatched about June 21. This pic was July 3.

July 17

Yesterday:

Thanks Quakers for ur pics and from what I've read my guys are just that... gUYS!! There feet are hugeeee and there legs are fat....and they have grown soooo fast! I'm actually trying to rehome them and if anyone knows a good family in Michigan... Or I would be willing to ship them. I simply can't give them the life they deserve..... I want them to go somewhere they can pretty much free range in the day and be sheltered and locked up at night and come to find out my subdivision association won't allow me to put up a coop :((so any takers and ill ship!!!

I have 6 Muscovies. I've had them since early May. I don't know if I who is male or female, and don't know how to tell. I got my Orpingtons and Easter Eggers about the same time, so they've always been together. They all get along very well. My chickens stand on the edge of the pond and wait while the ducks swim. They all come to the fence when they see me come out, and follow me around the yard.

I have 6 Muscovies. I've had them since early May. I don't know if I who is male or female, and don't know how to tell. I got my Orpingtons and Easter Eggers about the same time, so they've always been together. They all get along very well. My chickens stand on the edge of the pond and wait while the ducks swim. They all come to the fence when they see me come out, and follow me around the yard.

Pretty flock, and Welcome.
big_smile.png

lol I am new, I have only managed to get to like page 310 on this thread since I got Duckie.

I am posting pics now, but I guess it's still a little young to be guessing gender, esp since it's an "only" duck. (So far). I started out with 2 very young ducklings, but one died. I had been looking for some, and was told yesterday of a place I can go and just catch some! There's a colony forming in a nearby town, and the owners of the property give them away constantly. I am afraid though, that even the babies at this point may be too wild to try to keep? Unless i can find some fuzzies to grab. IDK. WDYT?

Now, here's Duckie... Hatched about June 21. This pic was July 3.

July 17

Yesterday:

Muscovy's are easy to tame with TLC and lots of peas and dried meal worms you can have them eating out of your hand in no time, I would try to get a duckling as close to the age of yours as possible. My first Muscovy's came from the river. Duckie sure is a cutie.

Back
Top Bottom