Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Would you consider shipping?
Shipping would be very expensive, I think. PM me if you're serious.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I don't think ducks would like clothes either to me animals just aren't meant to wear clothes unless they are hairless in which case it is necessary when it's cold or are sick and not able to control bowel movements keep it outside in a coop with plenty of hey in it

I don't think ducks would like clothes either to me animals just aren't meant to wear clothes unless they are hairless in which case it is necessary when it's cold or are sick and not able to control bowel movements keep it outside in a coop with plenty of hey in it
and another duck for a buddy they do like to have a friend. there is feathered fashions I believe is the name.

My chocolate pied Muscovy hen hatched four little beauties last week. Two are chocolate just like the mother and two are black pied. My drake is black pied, HOWEVER, the two black ducklings hatched out double the size of their chocolate siblings and have maintained that size difference. I did have a Cayuga drake in the same area with the Muscovy and am wondering if the two large black pied ducklings are actually hinnies. They look like Muscovy so far, but they are much larger and they have jet-black bills. My Muscovy drake does have some black on his bill and caruncles, but these two have solid black bills like a Cayuga would have. One has black legs with white feet and the other has black legs with black and white spotted feet. They're gorgeous, but the fact that they're so much bigger than the other two and the bill color makes me wonder. If they're hinnies, can you vent sex them? Does anyone know if the female hinnies will make good broodies? Can anyone shed any light on this? Thank you.

Don't worry they're not hinnies or mules. Muscovies are very unique because the babies don't have to look like either of the parents. The babies can look like a grandparent , great grandparent, or sibling of the parents. Once I had a black and white pied and a blue mate and I got a white, turns out both of the parents had a grandparent that was white so.

Also only 6% of hybrid ducklings hatch, or so I've read but I could be wrong

My duck Gertrude hatched her babies a few days ago. One slipped threw the wire and got away from her. I sorta got a little photo shoot in with it before returning it to Gertrude. This year was our first year having babies in the single digit numbers, We had 8.

Back
Top Bottom