Muscovy keepers share your pics!

My poor duck gives the softest chirp, nibbles at you, and gives them pittiful eyes as I take eggs from her. She wants to hatch so badly. But I cant let her. Im going to have to take bellatrix's eggs away from her too and she has been sitting for 2 almost 3 months on different batches of eggs that I take away and re gave. She is NOT giving up. I feel so bad I have to do this to them :(

My poor duck gives the softest chirp, nibbles at you, and gives them pittiful eyes as I take eggs from her. She wants to hatch so badly. But I cant let her. Im going to have to take bellatrix's eggs away from her too and she has been sitting for 2 almost 3 months on different batches of eggs that I take away and re gave. She is NOT giving up. I feel so bad I have to do this to them :(

Aww :( I've been wanting Quackers to be a female so I could finally try & enjoy duck eggs. After reading this, now I hope it's a male.

did you finally find some chocolates?

I think so. They sure look like them.

what is that cute one with the brown head and yellow body?
Picture day!

Aww :( I've been wanting Quackers to be a female so I could finally try & enjoy duck eggs. After reading this, now I hope it's a male.

I cant let them hatch anymore eggs and I have to take over with the batches. I hate it. Penny gets soooo sad and bellatrix wont give up and stays very protective, but I cant let her hatch hers either

I think so. They sure look like them.

what is that cute one with the brown head and yellow body?

Actually they are a blue and chocolate mix so they look like chocolate but that will turn into dark blue and lilac and the one with you said brown head actually it's a dark blue color the light just makes it look like that, they're all muscovies

Last edited:
I was just wondering what colour you would call this muscovy mama and her baby. I thought the mamma might be a light lavander pied white head. Her baby is the one with a stripe on his head. The father is pied black and white.

And here is a pic of one of the fathers older daughters, her mother is pied as well as her father.

Ok update on batch 2.. duckling 1 is out, duckling 2 is out. However duckling 2 has a very large belly and navel wasnt closed and started bleeding. So I stopped it and put veterycin o it. Checked it not long ago, belly half the size and put more veterycin

Back
Top Bottom