Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I'd
I'd say your white one is likely female based on head size, but that's not my best way to sex. Pretty sure your chocolate with blue-green wingtips is female, too, because of the silhouette of the body from the side. How old are they? Between 3 and 4 months it will be SUPER easy to tell, as the males will be almost double the females' size by around 4 months (at least that has been my experience).

The easiest way for me to sex is by looking at them in profile and unfortunately none of your pictures showed that very well, except for that one duck. Females have a nice rounded underbelly and males are more flat.
By chocolate and white do you mean the one in the first photo? That would make me so happy. LOL

Ok, I will try to get shots of them from different directions and what not. Every time I take my camera out they are sleeping. I just hosed out their pen so it is a muddy mess (and they love it lol) but I'll go take some different shots.

By chocolate and white do you mean the one in the first photo? That would make me so happy. LOL

Ok, I will try to get shots of them from different directions and what not. Every time I take my camera out they are sleeping. I just hosed out their pen so it is a muddy mess (and they love it lol) but I'll go take some different shots.

No, I was talking about two different birds. I meant this white one

And this chocolate one in the background

If this one is the same as the one in the first photo... Sorry, but I'm 98% sure it's male

^^that one has the perfect flat underbelly I was talking about. My favorite duck that I wanted to be female turned out to be male too ;)

No, I was talking about two different birds. I meant this white one

And this chocolate one in the background

If this one is the same as the one in the first photo... Sorry, but I'm 98% sure it's male
I'm ok with the one in the first photo being either. He stays no matter what. We actually figured he was a boy so got three more in hopes that we would have girls for him.

Id say your silver is a female. The rest look like boys but it's hard to say without side profile pictures.
lau.gif
I'm such a newbie...what one is silver?

I took new ics I'll post them when I have time to re-size them.

I'm ok with the one in the first photo being either. He stays no matter what.  We actually figured he was a boy so got three more in hopes that we would have girls for him.

:lau  I'm such a newbie...what one is silver? 

I took new ics I'll post them when I have time to re-size them.

The "white" one is the one I refer to as silver. She doesn't look white in the pics. If not a silver then could be a cream, but I don't think she is white.

The "white" one is the one I refer to as silver. She doesn't look white in the pics. If not a silver then could be a cream, but I don't think she is white.
Thanks, that is who I thought you meant but wanted to be sure. She has a base color that is white I think but she has some lblue/silver/something scalloping on her wings and faint markings on top of her head. Idk what she is other than stunning and mean as a snake.

Thanks, that is who I thought you meant but wanted to be sure. She has a base color that is white I think but she has some lblue/silver/something scalloping on her wings and faint markings on top of her head. Idk what she is other than stunning and mean as a snake. 

Lol the mean ones make the best moms. Breed her to a black drake and all blue babies and a blue drake will give you blues and silvers.

Back
Top Bottom