Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Heyyy!! Don't be discouraged, I'm in the same exact place as you! First or all same thing our Muscovy turned out to be a drake and I raised him since three days old, he's two and a half now and he is just the sweetest!! Yes just like pubescent and adolescent kids they go through attitude adjustments and if you just pay attention you'll get them and know what his routine (just make sure he has a routine cuz he will learn it) and personality will be and also for males when he's giving you attitude Hold him down to the ground until he calms down to show him that he's not in charge just like if there were other older males that'll show him his place but since it's you you have to do it and of course patience but it'll all be worth it and here's a pic of mine he likes sitting on his pillow when he's not in his cage
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
I hope you hang in there and hopefully you'll see how much you'll love him even though he's not like your Daisy
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

:hit So, my baby has turned out to be male & he is not happy being a house pet. He isn't vicious just aggressive, nippy & hissy around the other animals. I have raised him like I did my last house duck Daisy but I don't know if him being a male is making him not so mellow & calm. I'd like to get him to a home that has some girls he can woo & be a happy scovy.
His happiness means more to me than my want of a house scovy again. If anyone is in the Northern California area & would be able to love River like I do, please let me know. I don't want him to go to a freezer but live a happy scovy life.

Hi guys, wanna ask something...my french white muscovy ducklings already grown their feather..the problem is..one of the ducklings like to peck and pull out the feather of others..is the behavior normal for french white muscovy ducklings? I already separated them from the dukclings that love to pull out and eat the feathers.
Is your duckling eating the feathers or just being a bully and pulling them out? Your duckling may need some extra protein in his diet and they could all benefit from it. Feathers= protein try adding some extra protein like good quality cat kibble or dog kibble or bugs bugs are a great source of protein but where I am hard to find when the ground is frozen soIid so I supplement, it can become a nasty habit pulling out the feathers of their siblings so separating is a good idea.

Heyyy!! Don't be discouraged, I'm in the same exact place as you! First or all same thing our Muscovy turned out to be a drake and I raised him since three days old, he's two and a half now and he is just the sweetest!! Yes just like pubescent and adolescent kids they go through attitude adjustments and if you just pay attention you'll get them and know what his routine (just make sure he has a routine cuz he will learn it) and personality will be and also for males when he's giving you attitude Hold him down to the ground until he calms down to show him that he's not in charge just like if there were other older males that'll show him his place but since it's you you have to do it and of course patience but it'll all be worth it and here's a pic of mine he likes sitting on his pillow when he's not in his cage
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
I hope you hang in there and hopefully you'll see how much you'll love him even though he's not like your Daisy
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

What a beautiful drake, My drake Opie was the same way very hormonal but thankfully I got it out of him and now at almost 5yr old he is very sweet and loves to come in side and visit he has his own pillow too. lol

Hi guys..i already separated the duckling that like to pull and eat her or his siblings feathers..i dont know whether this ducklings is boy or girl..can u guys tell its gender

Hi guys..i already separated the duckling that like to pull and eat her or his siblings feathers..i dont know whether this ducklings is boy or girl..can u guys tell its gender
It's so cute but too young for me to tell, maybe @learycow can help since she breeds Scovys. Poor thing needs a bigger cage though .and some food.

Every single clutch does that for me, the picking I think anyone on this thread can say that I've had some serious probs with my babies picking, one thing that helps inputting baby powder or cornstarch on them so that when they go to pick they get a mouth full of a wierd texture

Also I can't tell, maybe if he/she was compared to another then I could tell

hi there, still new to muskies only had my boys a few months, but really enjoying them. one of them seems to be a little more dominant than the other (one was supposed to be a girl) and he pulls the occasional feather out of the other birds, but nothing too serious, usually shouting his name stops it. they are in a shed with 6 other ducks (not musks) a guinea fowl, 12 turkeys and countless hens and cockerels of varying breeds. but other times he can be lovely and I really enjoy watching them waddle about. in the entire time they have lived with me they have never said a word. the two muskies tend to stick together and the other 6 ducks are a different group. all my birds get closed in at night, and the 6 other duck got closed out. the next night when I went up the two muskies were standing in the pophole so I couldn't close it. I continued to tend to the other birds, and spotted the 6 other ducks were not in. so I went out to shoo them in, once they were in the muskies were happy to head down the shed to "duck corner" and snuggled down with the rest of them. I wonder if they had a conversation with each other to make sure they don't get closed out again lol.
I find animals so unique. and my boys francis and Ferdinand are not disappointing, patiently waiting and hoping for some muskie eggs to hatch for them x

hi there, still new to muskies only had my boys a few months, but really enjoying them. one of them seems to be a little more dominant than the other (one was supposed to be a girl) and he pulls the occasional feather out of the other birds, but nothing too serious, usually shouting his name stops it. they are in a shed with 6 other ducks (not musks) a guinea fowl, 12 turkeys and countless hens and cockerels of varying breeds. but other times he can be lovely and I really enjoy watching them waddle about. in the entire time they have lived with me they have never said a word. the two muskies tend to stick together and the other 6 ducks are a different group. all my birds get closed in at night, and the 6 other duck got closed out. the next night when I went up the two muskies were standing in the pophole so I couldn't close it. I continued to tend to the other birds, and spotted the 6 other ducks were not in. so I went out to shoo them in, once they were in the muskies were happy to head down the shed to "duck corner" and snuggled down with the rest of them. I wonder if they had a conversation with each other to make sure they don't get closed out again lol.
I find animals so unique. and my boys francis and Ferdinand are not disappointing, patiently waiting and hoping for some muskie eggs to hatch for them x
Aren't they sweet. I love Muscovy drakes they really do have cool personalities. When I only had 2 drakes one was more dominant than the other and as long as the other let #1 be dominant everything went great. Then I went and got 3 girls and sure did mess things up. The boys went from being friends to being enemies all because of girls.
roll.png

Aren't they sweet. I love Muscovy drakes they really do have cool personalities. When I only had 2 drakes one was more dominant than the other and as long as the other let #1 be dominant everything went great. Then I went and got 3 girls and sure did mess things up. The boys went from being friends to being enemies all because of girls.
roll.png
oh dear, I was hoping my eggs may get me some girls for the boys. miby not the best plan x

oh dear, I was hoping my eggs may get me some girls for the boys. miby not the best plan x
It may work if they have plenty of girls and lots of room to stay out of each others way. I only have 2 drakes now and they cannot be in the same area together. they each have their own girls. You say you have other ducks what is your duck to drake ratio with them?

Back
Top Bottom