Muscovy keepers share your pics!

He is my sweet boy, I got him and his girlfriend Esmeralda from a lady who didn't like that they followed her around,... I can pick him up and love on him and he doesn't try to scratch or get away. He's my friendliest duck.

He is my sweet boy, I got him and his girlfriend Esmeralda from a lady who didn't like that they followed her around,... I can pick him up and love on him and he doesn't try to scratch or get away. He's my friendliest duck.

I like their names!! Wow I would love mine ro follow me around!! Sounds like some sweet duck u got there!!

I can't figure out why he's so friendly, the ones I raised from babies are wary around me, Quasi runs up and sticks his head in the bucket when I am feeding them. Esmeralda loves when I am filling their pool, she sticks her face in the spray like a puppy playing in the water biting at it etc.

They both look blue, but they could be dark blue fawns. If they are both blue then you will get 50% blue ducklings, 25% black and 25% silver. If they are both blue fawn then you will get 50 % blue fawn, 25% chocolate, and 25% buff

if females are chocolate what colour should be males to get sex link? who would be chocolate, males or females?

so chocolate females don't give sex link?

No it does not. Females only carry one chocolate gene on the Z chromosome. Females are ZW and males are ZZ. Females only require one copy to show chocolate and males require two. Females will pass on their Z chromosome to their sons and the W to their daughters. All sons from a chocolate female with a non chocolate male will carry the chocolate gene, but not show it physically. A male will pass his Z chromosome to all of his offspring which is why chocolate is a sex linked mating with a chocolate drake and non chocolate female. Females only have to have one chocolate gene which they inherit from their father.

No it does not. Females only carry one chocolate gene on the Z chromosome. Females are ZW and males are ZZ. Females only require one copy to show chocolate and males require two. Females will pass on their Z chromosome to their sons and the W to their daughters. All sons from a chocolate female with a non chocolate male will carry the chocolate gene, but not show it physically. A male will pass his Z chromosome to all of his offspring which is why chocolate is a sex linked mating with a chocolate drake and non chocolate female. Females only have to have one chocolate gene which they inherit from their father.

thank you.

Jasper and Beau were abandoned by their mother because they couldn't keep up with their curled toes. It's too late to straighten them out now but they will stay inside out of harms way now.

Back
Top Bottom