Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I think this is Rose as a duckling. There were 3 that looked almost identical. Rose and Cali being spoiled by my niece. Rose, Cali, and Blossom. Cali stuffing her crop again, more than any other duckling I've had. Rose in the new pond Not sure on her color. One of the Pastels. Lavender, chocolate and maybe blue or silver??? I know she has chocolate from her Dad (lilac split to lavender).
Buff!! Gorgeous

I think this is Rose as a duckling. There were 3 that looked almost identical.

Rose and Cali being spoiled by my niece.

Rose, Cali, and Blossom. Cali stuffing her crop again, more than any other duckling I've had.

Rose in the new pond
Not sure on her color. One of the Pastels. Lavender, chocolate and maybe blue or silver??? I know she has chocolate from her Dad (lilac split to lavender).
Beautiful! How big is your new pond? Do you have a filter and a pump in it?

It's about 8' by 10' with a small stream and waterfall. It has a wetland ecco filter, that we were told would be able to handle duck poo and large amounts of debris. Ideally if everything works correctly, we will only have to clean it out once a year. The skimmer basket needs to be dumped daily and the pads under the skimmer basket washed off weekly.
It's only been in for a week. I'm still messing with the rocks along the edge. I need to replant areas bare from the construction. The skimmer is under the faux rock in the upper left corner. I need to peel back the turf and hide the light cord under it. The wetland filter is at the head of the stream out of picture to the right. We are going to plant the wetland area and the stream heavily. We have aready added two small koi, some small goldfish, two red eared slider turtles, snails, grass shrimp and Ca. tree frog tadpoles. During the day when the ducks are in it, all the fish and the turtles hide in the rock caves. The shrimp and tadpoles are up in the wetland area hiding out under the plants.

It's about 8' by 10' with a small stream and waterfall. It has a wetland ecco filter, that we were told would be able to handle duck poo and large amounts of debris. Ideally if everything works correctly, we will only have to clean it out once a year. The skimmer basket needs to be dumped daily and the pads under the skimmer basket washed off weekly.
It's only been in for a week. I'm still messing with the rocks along the edge. I need to replant areas bare from the construction. The skimmer is under the faux rock in the upper left corner. I need to peel back the turf and hide the light cord under it. The wetland filter is at the head of the stream out of picture to the right. We are going to plant the wetland area and the stream heavily. We have aready added two small koi, some small goldfish, two red eared slider turtles, snails, grass shrimp and Ca. tree frog tadpoles. During the day when the ducks are in it, all the fish and the turtles hide in the rock caves. The shrimp and tadpoles are up in the wetland area hiding out under the plants.
Absolutely beautiful! Great job
thumbsup.gif
We are redoing ours and hopefully we will get it right this time so our ducks don't have to swim in nasty green water
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom